Monday, September 24, 2012

The Pessimist

An avid duck hunter was in the market for a new bird dog. His search ended when he found a dog that could actually walk on water to retrieve a duck. Shocked by his find, he was sure none of his friends would ever believe him.

He decided to try to break the news to a friend of his, the eternal pessimist who refused to be impressed with anything. This, surely, would impress him. He invited him to hunt with him and his new dog.

As they waited by the shore, a flock of ducks flew by. they fired, and a duck fell. The dog responded and jumped into the water. The dog, however, did not sink but instead walked across the water to retrieve the bird, never getting more than his paws wet. This continued all day long; each time a duck fell, the dog walked across the surface of the water to retrieve it.

The pessimist watched carefully, saw everything, but did not say a single word.

On the drive home the hunter asked his friend, "Did you notice anything unusual about my new dog?"

 "I sure did," responded the pessimist. "He can't swim."

Hat tip: Jodi of Jodi's Journey
Share This

20 comments :

  1. Bless his stone cold heart of negativity, the poor thing.

    Have yourself a lovely Monday, honey. Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH, sadly I know way too many people like this. They are never happy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deduction and oh so funny. I needed a laugh this morning. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! The man is indeed a PESSIMIST! Not an easy person to communicate with. Have a good Monday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for providing an early morning laugh. I think I know this pessimist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, I can imagine the dog :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL good one :-)

    Have a good afternoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, it's all about perspective...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to save that for telling! LOL!

    I needed a good dog joke after our dear Adi's passing away.
    Adi was a very good dog (link)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...that's a pessimist alright...have known a few of those myself...never quite as funny as this dude...

    The bird dog was a optimist with a lot of faith in himself :)

    Have a week full of bliss and PLU from SSF

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh do i ever have a friend just like this! makes me nuts too!

    smiles, bee
    xooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, good one. I think I know that guy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've known a few of those. No fun! At all. Good story.

    Big hugs from sunny jawjah, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'd have the same reaction. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha! There are people like that everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's one way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so agree with others..there are lots of people like that everywhere and I don't want anything to do with them :D Have a nice day Sandee!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, I know that guy. Sounds like a few people I used to know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mark of a true pessimist ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥