Monday, September 17, 2012


Have you noticed at the bottom of my posts there's a weight loss ticker? Yep, I jumped on the Bee Bandwagon to peel off some unwanted weight. What am I eating? Lean Cuisine. There are tons of different types of meals and many include potatoes and gravy and of course many of mine have pasta.

I've not had a bad meal yet and I've tried a bunch of them. I have four per day and eat nothing else. Running between 950 and 1,050 calories per day. The best part? I'm not hungry. Add 8 glasses of water per day along with some exercise and the weight is coming off. This is my first full week so I've done very well. I'll taper off now.

We stayed home last weekend and I really missed the boat. It's good weather, but we had a function to attend on Sunday and going to the boat just didn't fit. Next weekend we'll be there though. Can you tell we love our boat?

This coming Wednesday we are celebrating our youngest granddaughters birthday. She's a sophomore in high school and she wants to have dinner here. Here's what she wants: Porterhouse steaks, macaroni and cheese, asparagus and a skittles cake. The skittles cake is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting with skittles all over the top. This will be the third year she's asked for a skittles cake. She'll have it too.

I was born and raised on a dairy farm in Tillamook, Oregon. As soon as I was old enough to work I was working. Not helping my mother in the house (she worked milking cows too), but I was in the barn working or out in the fields setting irrigation. When I was older I was bucking hay and doing the work that boys did. I was the oldest so I was working. I didn't learn how to cook until I was an adult. In other words I didn't do the usual girls things while growing up.

Everyone have a terrific week ahead.
Share This


  1. I'm doing LC this week, too. 4 per day? When do you have the 4th? 2 for dinner perhaps? I fill in with a nice, big salad or some fresh fruit. Having a big old basket of fresh fruit makes so much difference in what I think of for snacks. If I am hungry, no diet or healthy plan will work for me! And guess what? My parents, who never ever buy fresh fruit, are scarfing up lots of my bananas and pears and peaches! That makes me happy!

    I love your fragment posts! srsly.

    Have a lovely day, honey. big hugs xoxo

  2. Love the Fragments. Learn so much about you that way, :) Are the LC meals tasty? Most of those tastes awful or have no taste. Happy BD to your granddaughter!!

  3. congratulations honey! i just love mondays here!

    those dinners don't fill me up but they do if i steam some broccoli or some vegetable and put them on the top of that. ha.

    smiles, bee

  4. Yeppers, love 'Fragments'...Happy B days to your G-Daughter!...what I meal choice, I like her style :)...I think I told ya' I have been on Nutrisystems [love it]. Have lost about 10lbs which is below what it's supposed to be [I think I hit a wall] and I cheat big-time, sometimes!...I keep having folks tell me my face an body is looking thinner [YES!] So it may be a case of inches not lbs. which is just fine with me!

    Have a great week and PLU from SSF

  5. Yup, I agree with everyone. I really like the fragment Mondays. Love the fact that you did all those barn chores. Sounds like me when I was younger. I loved taking care of the animals and riding horses etc. Good to know a little more about you Sandee. Happy Birthday to that granddaughter. That cake sounds yummy. Good for you on the diet. Well done.

  6. And I was busy raising my younger siblings, cleaning house, babysitting for the neighbor, and cooking when I was a young child. Sorta getting tired of that cooking/cleaning stuff, but still love the babies.

    Big hugs, honey...

  7. I'm sure that the hard work you did as a kid has served you in good stead as an adult.

  8. Awesome job Sandee, I love LC, they do have a wonderful variety. I use to live on a farm as well and I had my chores with our chickens, shucking corn, breaking up the green beans, pealing peas, etc. I hated it, but life went on and I grew to miss those chores, and I still do. I would give anything to be back on a farm today but I guess since I am older I would have to get some farm hands, lol!

    Have an awesome day Sandee ((HUGS))

  9. Congrats on the weight loss! A little at a time is the best way.

    Skittles cake .. sounds great! Your grand-daughter picked a great meal!

    We miss our boat too! Hopefully we'll get on her soon. As you know, once you're hooked ... it's for a lifetime!

  10. Bet if you could you would go back and relive all those days even with the hard work. We all would.

  11. Congrats on the weight loss. I've been thinking I need to do something soon. The clothes are getting a little snug and I can't keep blaming it on the dryer.

    Happy Birthday to your grandaughter on Wednesday. Skittles cake sounds good

  12. Awesome...keep up the great work.

  13. I don't eat them myself, but those LC meals are pretty good and reasonably well balanced. Good luck on the diet!

  14. Congrats on the weight loss. Thank you for sharing the info on the lean cuisine meals, I have had them before and I have always liked them. I might give it a try as I would like to lose a couple of pounds. I enjoyed reading your other tidbits, I hope you have a lot of fun celebrating your granddaughters birthday!
    Janet :)

  15. wow..congrats on the weight loss and the ticker says "4 lb lost". That's great!!

    have a nice week ahead Sandee!

  16. I liked this post, Sandee. Thank you for sharing. "Tillamook, Oregon"? I suppose you have been all the way and storia.

    My grandparentsea lived in Warrenton, Oregon, 60 miles up 101 from Tillamook. That was the next town north of seaside.

  17. Well done on your weight loss Sandee

    Have a lean week (couldn't resist it)


  18. I like your personal posts... Gives me a great insight. Having been to Tillamook, I understand the wet, damp, mucking... nope, that wouldn't haven real girly.

    It is a pretty valley. We were fascinated by the huge concrete airplane hangars by the hills...

  19. You are doing great with your diet Sandee! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. You have quite a treat in store for her. It was interesting learning more about you. Take care and have a good day.

  20. Yes I noticed ... Congratulations. I trying to loose too.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥