Thursday, September 6, 2012

Maturity - Part II

You're miraculously mature when...

Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.

The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

Getting “lucky” means you found your car in the parking lot.

The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

It takes twice as long – to look half as good.

Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt – doesn’t work.

You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.

You sink your teeth into a steak – and they stay there.

You give up all your bad habits and still don’t feel good.

You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don’t care anymore.

You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don’t even remember being on top of it.

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. I have an "Over the Hill" t-shirt that says, "What hill? I don't remember any hill."

  2. I try to park in the same row every time. Because... you know. :)

    Have a perfect day honey! big hugs xoxo

  3. >>>>> Your Romney thing looks good over there.


  4. The top of that hill is an allusive thing.

  5. Ya know...I'm really not all that mature...I'm more like the Jimmy Buffett song..."Growing older, but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck..."

    I saw Beaman's comment and noticed your Romney widget...LOVE IT!

    Remember R and R is coming soon!
    PLU from SSF

  6. Love it, Sandee! Again I relate to those. My CELL PHONE directory has mostly names that start with Dr.

    Thanks for picking a "P" word for me. Peace will never totally be here but I don't think much of the world is working for it right now.

  7. #13 is the real corker! I went from being at the bottom of the hill to being over it. Never made it to the top.

  8. I hear we pick up speed once we are over that hill..unfortunately the direction is DOWN! We might as well laugh. So I do.

    Big hugs, honey...

  9. So true so true, your column and the comments. I say at my age I have all my *stuff* in one sock, but just forgot where I put the sock. The real problem is you don't know when you are on top of the hill until you start heading down the other side.

  10. It is always exciting to find my car in the parking lot. LOL. Those are all so so true but life is still good.Take care.

  11. I've been wondering why I'm feeling more patient than I used to be. Now I know

  12. I'm soooooo guilty of #8. I'm forever losing my glasses and finding them on my head.

  13. Sandee I am laughing my head off! Recently I was looking for my glasses and guess where they were?! On my face! What is going to happen when I am well and truly mature?! LOL I hope your Thursday has been going well.

  14. I can't believe you would post these things about me Sandee! ROTFLMBO!

    I LOVE them all! Have a great evening honey ((HUGS))

  15. I have so much to look forward to! I have noticed that doctors are starting to look like teenagers and it certainly can't be because I'm getting older! :)

  16. I thought aging only happened to others!

  17. I think I'm slowly turning into all of these things.

  18. oh man these are so true! buggers! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  19. I love these LOL! How true, I'll have to read part 1 for sure
    Have a great weekend,
    Janet :)

  20. Think that glasses thing is bad? I was once on the phone talking to my mom and when she gave me a phone number I said I'd put it in my phone instead of writing it down. I spent a good 15 minutes looking all over the place for my phone. "It was RIGHT HERE," I said. "I was just looking at it!" I said. "Don't worry, you'll find it," she replied.
    All while I was TALKING TO HER ON THE PHONE!!!

  21. Part of me is already there. I just can't remember which part. Or don't care ;-)

  22. Haha! so true my Pharmacist is my best friend already sad thing is not new LOL

    Have a brilliant weekend :-)

  23. I frequent pharmacies now because of my dad and ye sit is so true..I am so amazed how they (mature ones) are friends with the pharmacist.

  24. As previously stated, "I am sooooo there!"

  25. does this mean I'm really that old? but I just turned 21 :(


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥