Monday, August 27, 2012

Ten Things to Know

The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.

I have yet to find anybody who can give us a clear and compelling reason why we put the clocks forward every spring.

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be 'meetings.'

You should not confuse your career with your life (i.e., never confuse having a career with having a life!).

A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.

No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her.

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. (Your friends love you, anyway!)
Share This

18 comments:

  1. Love these! And that's totally why I never have meetings. :D

    Have a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.

    I'll buy that as long as people also stop having big birthday parties for 1 and 2 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. worldly wise advices...especially I liked this one-
    "A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."
    Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. worldly wise advices...especially I liked this one-
    "A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."
    Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo once asked somebody if she was having a baby........she wasn't! EMBARRASSING! In Mo's defence, she was usually a very slim person and she did look pregnant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - those are all good. I can appreciate the excitement about birthdays ending at age 11. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I can stop blogging at anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i SO agree about the birthdays! barely notice mine, really!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person... this is very true.

    I don't like people who are mean to the lil people but will go down on their knees to suck up to other folks. These dodgy folks make me puke.. sometimes i feel like kicking their butts :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have a mental illness lol

    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were good ones. The second to the last one reminded me of when my ex told me that his father had asked him if I was pregnant. I wasn't and he should have kept his mouth shut....lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so true! Our almost 6 y/o grandson had that pregnant lady experience recently (she was) and our dtr had to splain to him that he is NEVER, NEVER ask any woman that! But he will, I am sure.

    Big hugs from sunny Mayberry, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These really give us serious food for thought. I hope your day has been a good one Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We need to hold a meeting to work these things out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sandee..many times I am told/asked "if I am pregnant"...tsk..tsk...

    ReplyDelete
  16. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

    Sandee, you have summed up everything that is wrong with this country in one sentence. I'm going to steal this. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm this post it's great

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never understood why anyone would set their clock on a head for one hour, either. 'Til it went off and fell in.

    The clock had more questions after that, too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥