Friday, August 3, 2012


I gained a pound eating that great birthday dinner on Wednesday. A whole pound. That baked potato with the works was pure heaven, as was my garlic bread. Okay it was all good.

Babies are the greatest. I love to watch them discover themselves and the world around them. Fascinating.

I am getting a kick out of the Chick-fil-A controversy. Their business is booming. Freedom of speech folks. If there was a Chick-fil-A here I'd go and have lunch too. I'm not against gay folks being together. They have just as much right to happiness as everyone else does. I'm against anyone that wants to take away freedom of speech. I didn't take what the CEO said as disrespectful. He was asked and he answered truthfully. It was his opinion. We can't all agree on every single issue, but that seems to be what many want, as long as you see it their way.

Have you noticed how long two days takes during the week but the two days on the weekend go by in a flash?

It's been hotter than the blazes in many parts of the United States this summer. It's been a very mild summer here in the central valley of California. I've worn jackets in the mornings and that's something that usually doesn't happen.

It's the weekend and that means it's time for all of us to rest and process this week. Time to look forward to doing something fun. You know like boating. Have a fabulous weekend.
Share This


  1. Yes, weekdays seems a drag and weekends just whizzed by. Would love to try the food at chick-fil-a, I got hungry looking at the brownie. :P

  2. I am sick to death of hearing about the Chick-Fil-A thing. And I don't even watch any news. I see it all in my Facebook feed.

    Did we as a country all forget that this country was founded on the principle that ALL men were created equal? That we ALL have the right to freedom of speech? Don't get me started. I hate the concept of even having special interest groups. We all need to get over ourselves and just be Americans again.

    The End.

    Have a lovely day honey. big hugs xoxo

  3. People miss the point of CFA--it is freedom of speech! I read where there may be an "occupy" CFA today...sit and don't purchase in retaliation. Idiots.

    We fly out on Sunday, so it will be a busy w/e for us. We'll relax next week. Big hugs, honey...

  4. I see nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and respect someone who answers honestly.
    I wish I could figure out a way to slow down those 2 days on the weekend and speed up the other 5 days in the week

  5. I am blissfully unaware of any chik fila issue. I don't miss FB and the drama. And I barely have itme for the news, unless it comes up on my phone apps for local news I read at lunch. My life is too full of other positive goodness! And I like it that way. :)

    I was worried I would gain after last nights birthday dinner, too. But I somehow managed to order smart and stay under my goal for the day. Even with cheesecake for dessert. Gotta get my dairy somehow!!! :)

  6. It is too bad about the Chick-Fil-A thing. I see no reason to do all that is being done against Chick-Fil-A over one person's opinion.
    Glad you enjoyed that birthday dinner. It did sound really good. Have a good week end and we will not be boating. LOL

  7. I know ... eat Chick-Fil-A on your boat. How great a weekend would that be.

  8. I'd never heard of Chick-Fil-A before this controversy, so that CEO sure succeeded at getting his company's name broadcasted.

  9. honey you said that perfectly! i love these posts too!

    have a wonderful safe boating weekend!

    smiles, bee

  10. Be safe out there...have a great weekend.

  11. I do not agree with you. Protesting is a form of freedom of speech. If it's a peaceful protest...then let them.

    And hey, maybe one day in the future EVERYONE will actually have the same freedoms. Not just straight Americans.

    It's an issue of basic civil rights. Just because a fast food joint is involved, does not make it less of an issue.

  12. Interesting controversy indeed. We'll see the difference of Left and Right with the protest today. To me, as you know, I research a lot for the politics blog, I've looked and looked, the word 'marriage" doesn't appear in the constitution, the Bill of Rights, or any amendment; therefor, it is not a "right". The equal protection clause that some clamor for is for the "rights" enumerated in those documents. The federal government has no business in it. It's a state issue, but that's right, it loses EVERY time it's put to a vote.
    Have a great weekend, Sandee, enjoy the boat.

  13. A baker 'tater sounds awesome just now.

    And the Chick-Fil-A deal is showing the real glaring hypocrisy from the Left. I hope voters are as energized in November, to cause the Left more angst ;-)

  14. Kids are great it's the Adults that have the problems [except for the teen gangstas]who are just idiots.

    Chic fil a...I didn't eat, but I am sure enjoying watching the show! Interesting to see how the 'Kiss In' turns out?

    It's freakish hot here...even for Florida...and DRY...Some Tropical guy named Ernesto is coming our way forthe weekend.

    Have a happy boating weekend you two! PLU from SSF

  15. I'm loving our weather. Not a huge fan of the super-hot summers of the South. I'll take this PNW weather any day.

    My wish that is that we can speak freely and that our nation not be so dang polarized. I just hate this "for vs against" mentality we have nowadays.

  16. Headed out on vacation next week. Maybe I won't have to listen to anything other than the whine of the engine on my bass boat.

  17. I just heard that some folks are pissed at the CEO of Chick-fil-A. I haven't been paying attention. My husband just filled me in.

    The problem is that most conversations are taken out of context. But, I think the CEO is a contributor to an anti-gay group.

    If you're a public figure, whatever you say is going to reach a wide audience.

  18. The Chick-fil-A thing doesn't concern me, living in the UK, but I think it's about time that all human beings were treated equally, in every way, freedom of speech included.

  19. I am glad that you enjoyed the cake and potato Sandee! The days are moving along quickly. Imagine it is August already. It is very hot here. We look forward to enjoying our Independence celebrations and the Olympics this weekend. In the meantime we have to pray that Tropical Storm Ernesto stays away! He is moving through the Caribbean! Take care and enjoy boating Sandee.

  20. It's been hot hot hot here. And almost no rain at all.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥