Sunday, July 22, 2012

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, co-hosted by Rhonda of Kibitz Spot and Laugh Quotes and Sandee of Comedy Plus. Rhonda is on a big adventure traveling the world until December 2, 2012. For more information about Silly Sunday click HERE.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
How children perceive their Grandparents...

1. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these colors yourself!"

2. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

3. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised "Mine says I'm 4 to 6."

4. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."

The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting." she said... "How do you make babies?"

"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'ay' to 'I' and add 'e's."

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings
Silly Sunday Participants
1. bethere2day
2. Don E Chute
3. Woodsterman
4. Kibitz Spot
5. Comedy Plus
6. Catch My Words ♥
7. Nick's Bytes
8. Barb
9. Driller
10. Empress Bee
11. Marg
12. Traveling Bells
13. Bearman
14. Rajogopalan
15. Catherine
16. Stephen Hayes
17. Jim
18. Judy
19. Ann
20. Rhonda
Share This


  1. Heheh! funny and cute ;-)

    Have a brilliant Sunday ;-)

  2. things those darn kids say...

    Lord knows how my Grandson will perceive me? He'll turn 2 mos old tomorrow, so now when he looks at me...I find myself asking..."What the hell is he thinking?"

    Have a silly Sunday...PLU from SSF

  3. Yeah, Grandma... figure it out your own self! hahahaha!

    Hope your day is just lovely, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

  4. I could be twenty years younger just by tracking my age with my underwear. Who knew?

  5. oh too cute! hope you're having fun on the boat honey!!!

    smiles, bee

  6. I sure like that idea of telling your age by your underwear. Too funny. Wow, I am a whole lot younger than what I thought. Take care and have a fun Sunday.

  7. Kids are so dang funny...and truthful.

    Happy boating. Big hugs from now sunny GA, honey...

  8. Grandma was going to have to run to school if that conversation about babies went a little different.

  9. I prefer not to say how old I am.

  10. smart grand kids...keep grand parents on their toes!

  11. That's cute. I'm waiting out the in between stage. My kids are grown but too young or unsettled to have babies. I had the misfortune of never knowing a grandparent. I hope I know my own grandkids. I told my children, "College degree, marriage, and then we can consider babies." Two have degrees and one is dating seriously. The nineteen year old has a long way to go, I hope.

  12. Dear Sandee, These were adorable. Thanks for the smiles. Have a beautiful Sunday dear. Catherine xo

  13. According to my underwear, which I just checked, I'm forty-two. Funny!

  14. Most time the kid's making babies tales are pure innocence. LOL again, Sandee!

  15. These are so funny Sandee! I especially like the one where he says the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights!:) Enjoy the rest of your day.

  16. cute and funny :)

  17. Hahaha! Mosquitos with flashlights! Too funny! We call those St. John's flies as they come out on or around St. John's day - June 24th :)
    Hugs from Ohio,

  18. LOL - my favorite was the babies. Thanks for co-hosting. You are awesome!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥