Monday, July 23, 2012

Grandchildren

How children perceive their Grandparents...

1. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.
"Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."

2. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child.

"No," said another. "He's just for good luck.."

A third child brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

3. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

4. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

5. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over, you hear gas leaks and they blame their dog.

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings

18 comments:

  1. nyahahahaha! I wish I have a granny who lives in the airport :)

    Have a happy week ahead Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that the poor dog always gets blamed for the gas leaks....ROFL. That one is hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the pipes get old and they leak. Whadaya gonna do? bahahahaha!

    Happy Monday, honey! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm going to have to get a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gas leak is a universal phenomenon with grandparents in those days. - Now younger generation dad and mom too have inherited this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With child! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to go to Grandpa's airport with Fido and look for gas leaks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last one is hysterical. But so is the pregnant Fireman. Thanks for that great laugh. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Funny, Sandee! LOL
    Picking a favorite is hard, my choice is the pregnant fireman.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is why I've always had a dog. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are priceless:) I can imagine my own g/kids saying these. And have heard other funny things outta ours.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good one's...don't know where you find these gems...

    4. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

    I like this one best, although Jaxon Chute is only 2mos old today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the dog is always to blame... LOL! I got a kick out of the one of grandma living at the airport. That's me. I live at the airport. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. they're all good ones!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if they have Grandma condos at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is mean to blame the dog LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to take awhile to sleep tonight! So funny. Take care Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to take awhile to sleep tonight! So funny. Take care Sandee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥