Saturday, July 21, 2012


How children perceive their Grandparents...

1. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."

The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

2. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?"

I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?''

"You're both old," he replied.

3. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story.

"What's it about?" he asked.

"I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings
Share This


  1. Love that last one! Brilliant, the light in a child!

    Have a lovely day! Big hugs xoxo

  2. Plus, she was having a great time! Kids are a hoot.

    Big hugs, honey...

  3. oh another good one!

    smiles, bee

  4. That is a really good one. The first one is the best. The sad thing is that I used to do all those things that the Grandma did. Thanks for the great smile this morning.

  5. What am I doing here? I can't read.

  6. I wish I had known you sooner... that one cracked me up...LOL!

  7. I liked the God and Grandma comparison.
    Have great weekend.

  8. These stories make me miss Art Linkletter: Kids Say the Darnedest Things!

  9. Dear Sandee, These are adorable. Have a beautiful weekend. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

  10. Having grand kids close by is the greatest blessing a grand parent can have. Thank you Lord, that all of mine live very close to us. I've got a hundred of these kinds of stories. Love 'em all.

  11. That last one made me giggle! So funny!

  12. those are funny. I especially liked the one about the grandmother and God both being old :)

  13. Kids say the grandest things, the granmothers deserve every one.

  14. LOL! My favourite is definitely the first one!

  15. these grandkids made my day! :)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥