Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Farm Kid

When you're from the country ~ your perception is a little different.

A Iowa farmer, in his pickup, drove to a neighbor's, and knocked at the door.

A boy, about 9, opened the door.

"Is your Dad home?"

"No sir, he isn't; he went to town."

"Well, is your Mother here?"

"No sir, she went to town with Dad."

"How about your brother, Howard? Is he here?"

"No sir, he went with Mom and Dad."

The rancher stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other, and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do for you? I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one, or I can give dad a message."

"Well," said the rancher uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad. It's about your brother Howard getting my daughter, Suzie, pregnant."

The boy thought for a moment. "You would have to talk to Dad about that. I know he charges $500 for the bull and $50 for the hog, but I don't know how much he charges for Howard."

Hat tip: Das Skunkmeister of Skunkfeathers
Share This


  1. It's so difficult to put a price on some things. hahahaha!

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

  2. Hey, a farmer's gotta do what he can to provide for his family and keep the farm going. Haha.

    Have a great day!

  3. Probably somewhere in between the two.

  4. LOL! This kid really thinks only in terms of the farm! Have a good day Sandee.

  5. That sounds about right. Farmers are in a desperate situation. Thanks for the laugh Sandee.

  6. Now I realize I picked the wrong profession. Funny.

  7. Ha ha ha ha! Very funny :)

  8. I wasn't expecting that... Bwahahahahaha!

  9. Love it, Sandee!!! LOL!!!
    I grew up on a farm and remember my 'bird and bee' talk with Dad.
    It was all one-sided, Dad said, "you've seen the cows and other animals and I'm sure you know all about all that stuff."
    He didn't even ask me if I had any questions. :)

  10. I bellowed like a mule when I read this. And nobody pays a dime for stud services from a mule.

  11. nice one...hahahahaaaa...

  12. gotta love the farm stud service fees.

  13. I guess farm subsidies don't pay all the bills.

    I have an Uncle Howard. I'll find out how much he charges. All Howard fees might be the same.

  14. Some culture call that a dowry

  15. And the fact that my grandad was a farmer I can safely say that there is a grain of truth in that...

  16. makes sense to me!

    smiles, bee

  17. Howard might run for Congress ;-)

  18. :D always a joy to read your stories, Sandee. Thank you

  19. hahahaha!!! I guess that is an honest comment from a son of a farmer :)

  20. Sounds like a TRUE farm boy! Smart, too.

    Big hugs, honey...


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥