Monday, June 25, 2012

Edna

This letter was sent to the School Principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for seniors. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door raffle prize and was writing to say thank you.

Dear Lions Bay School,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent Senior Citizens luncheon. I am 87 years old and live at the West Vancouver Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away so I am all alone. I want to thank you for the kindness you have shown to a forgotten old lady.

My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio; but, she would never let me listen to it. She said it belonged to her long dead husband, and understandably, wanted to keep it safe.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a dozen pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine, and I was overjoyed that I could tell her to bugger off.

Thank you for that wonderful opportunity.

God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Edna

18 comments:

  1. hehehehe. Bugger off, roomie! I'll bet that was fun!

    Happy Monday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I could so see my Grandmother doing the exact same thing. Something about that generation, they know what's important, lol. Revenge. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't mess with old ladies! Some things they remember...and get even:)

    Big hugs,honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work Edna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! What goes around, comes around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Golden (Girls) Rule here, Sandee! Nice story. :)

    Speaking of seniors, I never know about those church and school senior affairs, whether they are for Senior Citizens or Senior H.S. Students??? Sometimes I show up when no one else has grey hair. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edna, I hate to say this, but that wasn't very nice but probably deserved. Have a great day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karma... LOL!
    Nice thank you note... Hey, at least she sent one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go Edna! I'm sure that made her prize even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Edna. A gal with spunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can listen...but only to what I want to play

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hardly wait to get old enough to tell people to "bugger off" It won't be long! thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is the minimum age to tell someone to bugger off?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! Thank you for your note Edna :) you can now listen all you want in your radio :D never mind your room mate.

    Have a nice week ahead Sandee!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess age hasn't mellowed her much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL under the circumstances I don't blame her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Old people have that nasty habit of just saying what they think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥