Saturday, June 16, 2012


Patrick, who smelled like beer, sat down on a subway next to a priest. His tie was stained, his face and collar was stained with red lipstick, and a half-empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading.

After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and asked, 'Tell me now Farder, what causes arthroitis?'

The priest replies, 'My Son, it's caused by loose living, lying with wicked women, an excess of alcohol, contempt for your fellow man, sleeping with prostitutes and lack of a warm bath.'

Pat muttered in response, 'Well, fancy dat Farder! Oi'm amazed, so Oi am!" Then he returned to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged Patrick and apologized. 'I'm very sorry, my son, I didn't mean to be so judgmental. How long have you had arthritis?'

Patrick, swaying, says, 'Oh blessed modder o' Mary! Oi don't have it, Farder. But Oi was just reading here - da poor Pope does.'

LESSON: Make sure you fully understand a question before offering the answer.

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings
Share This


  1. a valuable lesson :)

  2. Oooops!
    We have once a month class at work that teaches as how to be good team players and not judge others and such. I think it makes us a better place :)
    Hugs from Ohio,

  3. That is one way to learn a good lesson.Have a terrific week end Sandee. Big hugs to Little Bit

  4. Oh, I hate it when I'm outsmarted, especially by myself.

    Have a lovely weekend! big hugs xoxo

  5. Open mouth, insert foot! Repeat.

    Have a great day, my friend. Hugs to you and Z...

  6. you are on a ROLL honey! another knee slapper!

    smiles, bee

  7. Poor pope... He's got it rough...LOL

  8. Good one. Look before you leap when making moral judgements.

  9. LOL! Do not be too quick to judge!

  10. LOL! Do not be too quick to judge!

  11. yay!! can't really judge someone :) have a happy weekend!!

  12. Boy o' boy isn't that the truth?!?

  13. LOL foot right in it :-)

  14. I like it Sandee! LOL
    A lecture on drinking beer with gin would have been more in order.

  15. lol, that is too funny.

    Have an awesome week Sandee ((HUGS))


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥