Saturday, May 5, 2012

Things I Lernt...

Living in the South:

You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.

Ya'll is singular. All ya'll is plural.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.

You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, the motor sports, and gossip.

Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss(first name) or Mr.(first name)

You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

You know what a **hissy fit is. And you know how to throw one!

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!

Hat tip: My Alabama buddies ♥♥Dave and Linda♥♥
Share This


  1. Y'all can also mash your finger, as I did yesterday, honey pie.

    Hope you have a wonderful day! big hugs xoxo

  2. honey and sugar are both sweety stuff darling...just saying.
    have a great weekend!

  3. You sho nuff know what you're talkin about there, sweetie pie.

    Have a great w/e. Big hugs, honey...

  4. Those are all such true sayings or statements. The southern language is something to learn, that is for sure. Have a super week end Sandee.

  5. Not a big fan of Mashed Taters.

  6. hope Ya'll is having a good weekend!! :D

  7. Sounds great after living in PC California for so long.

  8. I wasn't born Southern...but I got there as fast as I could.

    Happy CDM from Sunny South Florida

  9. A different world to here heheh!

    have a great weekend Sandee :-)

  10. I'm so southern and deep in the south, the first time I went to Arkansas thought I was in yankee country. And Dixie is my National Anthem with no disrespect meant to Francis Scott Key.

  11. That was some good 'Bama stuff. One day I'll see it with my own eyes :)
    Have a great weekend, Sandee!

  12. These gave me a good laugh!
    Have a great weekend Sandee,
    Janet :)

  13. These are great, Sandee. :) The older you get, especially a man, the more Honey's, Sugar's, and Sweetie's you get.
    Who else would you carry those jumpers for? But you can borrow them is you need them.

  14. lmbo, boy I am glad I was not drinking anything as I was reading this post today!

    Have an awesome evening ((HUGS))

  15. bless their hearts...

    smiles, bee

  16. Ya darn tootin' dude! Jest one thing though - we spell it y'all. It's a contraction for you and all, ya understand?

  17. us northerners know what a hissy fit is too and definitely know how to throw one :)

  18. If I was a single guy I think I could quite happily live with hte five spices...hell yeah!

    Those Southern folks seem to be good for a laugh...

  19. Isn't it interesting how things are seen and done in different places?! Thanks for sharing this information Sandee!

  20. The south is great, just stay off the road.

  21. Hahaha! I vividly recall keeping a set of jumper cables just for my own usage.

    Hey, you never knew when you may need 'em.

  22. I experienced some of these first hand while visiting Charleston, WV last week. And... everyone is soooo much nicer, calmer, slower, polite, patient. I really do want to move south of the Mason Dixon line someday!

    I have missed you, trying to catch up on some posts this morning. Hope everyone is well!

  23. your blog is not only nice and wonderful. It does gives goose bumps at times but I still want to read as being too inquisitive into it. At the same time, you said, you won't bite me this time! Well, can you switch off some gadgets at your side like layout so that the eyes that drool down the screen wont feel bad about the whole thing.
    It's just dinze the eyes! Hope my suggestion is good.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥