Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank You

Let's honor our military,
The men and women who serve,
Whose dedication to our country
Does not falter, halt or swerve.

Let's respect them for their courage;
They're ready to do what's right
To keep America safe,
So we can sleep better at night.

Let's support and defend our soldiers,
Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,
Whose discipline we can't imagine,
Who follow each order and rule.

Here's to those who choose to be warriors
And their helpers good and true;
They're fighting for American values;
They're fighting for me and you.

By Joanna Fuchs
Share This


  1. Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,
    Whose discipline we can't imagine,...

    That is for sure.

    big hugs xoxo

  2. They are thanked and they are remembered. Most of all, they are owed more than our liberty can repay.

  3. Willy cannot say a big enough 10-4 to that. We are blessed to be here and have the freedoms we have. Thank you Veterans.

  4. it's a sad day in my house today. thank you.

    smiles, bee

  5. Oh so true, A gigantic THANK YOU.

  6. Amen Sandee, wonderful post!


  7. I'm with you Sandee! God bless them!

    I gave (well,paid but not much) five years in the Army. Nobody shot me or even at me.

    But Mrs. Jim's brother died in WWII action. I have a poem on my blog today in tribute to him.

  8. Thank you to all who picked up arms to serve. A special Thanks to those that laid down their lives in this GREAT country's defense. God Bless the USA!

  9. Woof! Woof! Happy Memorial Day n enjoy the festivities. Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

  10. Excellent poem. Happy Memorial Day

  11. What a great poem! Hope you had a great weekend, Sandee :)
    Hugs from steamy Ohio,

  12. Lovely, just lovely Sandee! On this day I always think of my dad who served in WWII.

  13. Yes, very much. They need to be remembered.

  14. That is a great Poem! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Have a great week,
    Janet :)

  15. God bless them!!

    Have a good day Sandee :) our internet at home is down at the moment so I'm sneaking in the office. Hope we can get it back soon so I can catch up!

  16. Great post! I've been catching up on your site, and glad to see this post to remind folks about the real meaning of Memorial Day. Hope you had a good holiday ... I believe you mentioned it was going to be on a boat ... fun!

  17. Anonymous5/30/2012

    Thank you so much for this share. Will visit soon..

    buku anak
    jasa seo
    service excellence

  18. A big amen!

    Big hugs, my friend...

  19. God bless them all. I wish the politicans would stop sending them so easily to war though!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥