Friday, May 18, 2012

Stupid Quotes

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version." - Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony

"We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally." - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theisman, quarterback and sports analyst

"Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost anything." - Ivana Trump, on finishing her first novel

"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents." - George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people." - Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC instructor

"The world is more like it is now then it ever has before."- Dwight Eisenhower

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate." -- Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C.
Share This


  1. hahahaha!! these stupid quotes made me laugh out loud here in the office :) specially the last one!!

  2. Norman wasn't given the credit his older brother Albert was.

  3. Well those are different for sure. Just a little hard to understand but maybe someone understands them. Have a great week end Sandee.

  4. My favorite stupid quotes are....

    "I am not a crook" - Nixon

    "I did not have sex" - Clinton

    "I voted for Obama" - Da Dude (made that one up.

    Have a great weekend!


  5. What the heck was Eisenhower thinking when he said that???

    Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend; I bet dollars to donuts you'll be out enjoying the Delta!

  6. I wonder if these folks actually ran their thoughts through their noggins before opening the mouth?

    "We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally." - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

    Sounds like somebody else I know...humm?

  7. More Silver Spoons showing here. We might too but don't get the publicity.

    Houston without murders would still have a lot of crime. I thought we would have more than one murder a day, like 4-8 it seems like in the news, but that's about it.

    2012 Crime (Projected Data)*

    Incidents --
    Aggravated Assault -- 12,728
    Arson -- 184
    Burglary -- 30,461
    Forcible Rape -- 739
    Larceny and Theft -- 76,454
    Motor Vehicle Theft -- 14,071
    Murder and Manslaughter -- 364
    Robbery -- 12,296
    Crime Rate (Total Incidents) -- 142,687
    Property Crime -- 121,170
    Violent Crime -- 26,128

    Have fun, wherever you are. From the reports you gave on your last cruise, it won't be one of those.
    I hope you are cuising in your own.

  8. LMAO @ the last one :-)

  9. Norman Einstein? Wasn't he like the smartest guy on the planet?

    Is there a part 3? Will something I said me on it? Just wondering.

    We made it! It's Friday! Phew. Long week for me. srsly. Hope you're enjoying your trip. big hugs xoxo

  10. well these certainly made me feel more intelligent :)

  11. COOOOOL ... Marion Berry Mayor for life!

  12. Did the Vietnamese foreign minister plagiarize Nobama?

  13. It's important to distribute poverty equally.

  14. Mind boggling statements for sure Sandee!:)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥