Monday, May 7, 2012

Southern Sayings

Another top 15 things that you will never hear a southern man say:

15. I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today.

14. Trim the fat off that steak.

13. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.

12. The tires on that truck are too big.

11. I've got it all on the C: DRIVE.

10. Unsweetened tea tastes better.

9. My fiancee, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.

8. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.

7. Checkmate.

6. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.

5. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.

4. I don't have a favorite college team.

3. You Guys.

2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Betty Mae.

And the number one thing that you will never hear a southern man say:

1. Nope, no more beer for me.

Hat tip: My Alabama buddies ♥♥Dave and Linda♥♥
Share This


  1. Checkmate. hehehe.

    Which reminds me, I haven't played Chess in years and years. Because I stink at strategy. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

    Have a lovely, YAYful day, honey. Big hugs xoxo

  2. Hahaha! I would say lots of these. Must be I'm from north. Heeeheee! :)
    Have a great week, Sandee!

  3. Those are so very true down here in the South. It is a language of it's very own down here. Good ones Sandee. Take care.

  4. Checkmate really made me laugh!

  5. I think I must be related to your AL friends! Thanks for teaching all this great knowledge to the rest of the world.

    Big hugs, honey...

  6. Ya'All are funny, ya know that...

    American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!


  7. your truck is too big!

    smiles, bee

  8. Actually, I've never heard a Northern men say #1 either.

  9. Well I am from the north but have a heart of the south. Maybe in another life I was born in the south, lol!

    Have an awesome day Sandee ((HUGS))

  10. Bwahahaha... what's Zima?

  11. Another interesting lesson on the southern man!:) I hope your day has been going well Sandee!

  12. Your Alabama buds are nice to you, Sandee.
    Thank you for sharing again! :)
    Most are true a lot of the time.

  13. After reading this list I've come to the conclusion that my husband must be a southern man

  14. I love chess, but in my hayday couldn't get enough beer.

  15. I think they are a lot of southerners up north.

  16. I've out lived most of these sayings, but they do come from the world that I call home...Y'all.

  17. You got that right, Sandee! I don't know a single dude back home who would say ANY of those things. :)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥