Sunday, May 27, 2012

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, co-hosted by Rhonda of Kibitz Spot and Laugh Quotes and Sandee of Comedy Plus. Rhonda is on a big adventure traveling the world until December 2, 2012. For more information about Silly Sunday click HERE.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque. It was covered with names and small American flags mounted on either side of it.

The six-year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly, 'Good morning Alex.'

'Good morning Pastor,' he replied, still focused on the plaque. 'Pastor, what is this?

The pastor said, 'Well son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service.'

Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque. Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear asked, 'Which service, the 8:30 or the 10:30?'

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings

Silly Sunday Participants
1. bethere2day
2. Catch My Words ♥
3. Jim
4. Kibitz Spot
5. Comedy Plus
6. Barb
7. Ann
8. Marg
9. Empress Bee
10. Linda
11. Rajagopalan
12. William K Wallace
13. Judy
Share This


  1. LOL can just imagine the pastors face :-)

    Have a brilliant Sunday :-)

  2. Are you sure that pastor wasn't a Catholic Priest? Because I think I went to that church when I was little.

    Happy Sunday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    and smoochies from Gracie xoxo

  3. I bet it was the 8:30 one. It's killer getting up that early on a

  4. That is really funny. Made Mom laugh so hard, she cried. That was great. Have a great weekend Sandee.

  5. kids say the cutest things!

    smiles, bee

  6. Love Barb's comment, I think I went to a church like that myself!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and maybe took that short walk to Cancun!

  7. I've heard this one, but it still made me chuckle a second time.

  8. hahahaaaa....
    havce a great sunday!

  9. I understand totally what the kid means... going to a church service is not something that I have ever enjoyed, espcially when I was a youngster!

  10. LOL! This is really funny Sandee! Thanks for brightening my Sunday evening here in Jamaica!

  11. I love that one, Sandee! You are funnnneeey!

  12. I would want to avoid that service too!

    Big hugs, honey...


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥