Sunday, May 6, 2012

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, co-hosted by Rhonda of Kibitz Spot and Laugh Quotes and Sandee of Comedy Plus. Rhonda is on a big adventure traveling the world until December 2, 2012. For more information about Silly Sunday click HERE.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
Top 15 things that you will never hear a Southern man say:

15. When I retire, I'm movin' up north.

14. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.

13. Duct tape won't fix that.

12. Come to think of it, I'll have a white wine instead of a beer.

11. We don't keep firearms in this house.

10. You can't feed that to the dog.

9. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.

8. Rastling is fake.

7. We're vegetarians.

6. Do you think my gut is too big?

5. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy..

4. Honey, we don't need another dog.

3. Who gives a damn who won the Civil War?

2. Give me the small bag of barbecue pork rinds.

1. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.

Hat tip: My Alabama buddies ♥♥Dave and Linda♥♥
Silly Sunday Participants
1. Chinmay
2. bethere2day
3. Catch My Words ♥
4. Kibitz Spot
5. Comedy Plus
6. Woodsterman
7. Ron Russell
8. Jim
9. Barb
10. Traveling Bells
11. Marg
12. Empress Bee
13. Silverthoughts2
14. Judy
15. Binky
16. Reese
Share This


  1. Sorry, I'm not sure I got it!

  2. Haha! 2 was my fave

    Have a good Sunday :-)

  3. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.

    hahahaha! I almost choked on my coffee!

    Happy Sunday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

  4. All true!

    Love the smiles. Big hugs, honey...

  5. I guess we're not true southerners in Memphis because my husband has made (I counted) twelve of those statements. I can't talk him into a third dog. :(

    Catch My Words

  6. Those are all so darn true especially, 'you can't feed that to the dog' is the best. But they are all very funny. Good one Sandee. Take care.

  7. and your point is??? lol

    smiles, bee

  8. And of course you have to say that like Larry the Cable Guy is talking.

  9. "I'm afraid of parking my BMW at Walmart."

  10. Yea, this old fire-eating redneck never says those things, including I had a bath yesterday.

  11. Yes, Sandee, you are funny. So are most of these although also most are true. But:
    I don't have a deer head. Really I don't want one either.
    These mostly are right on. I like # 12 although I do drink some white wine. But on our cruise just ending I had four beers and zero wines.
    # 9. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe?
    I say that a lot. I GO ON TO SAY IT ISN'T SAFE FOR DOGS EITHER, WE NEED A LAW AGAINST TAKING DOGS IN THE BACK OF PICKUPS. We do have a law against it in Texas on Highways and Farm to Market Roads. There is an upper age limit where that is okay.

  12. Alex is soon no more. At 71, he is planning to retire from Jeopardy.

  13. The Southern man has a lot of good points! I think!

  14. #13 had me thinking of my husband for some reason.

  15. I keep thinking you'll run out of these and I'll stop laughing, but I'm still laughing.

  16. well even us northerners know that duct tape will fix anything :)

  17. Hi Sandee,
    Funny look at things about the Southern Man! I am smiling on this Sunday night in Jamaica. Have a great week.

  18. And possum goes with anything!

  19. thanks also for the drops


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥