Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Old Lady

There was a little old lady who would come out every morning on the steps of her front porch, raise her arms to the sky and shout, "Praise the Lord!"

Well, one day an atheist moved into the house next door. Over time, he became irritated at the little old lady. So every morning he would step out onto his front porch and yell after her, "There is no God!"

Time passes with the two of them carrying on this way every day. Then one morning in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped onto her front porch and shouted, "Praise the Lord! Lord, I have no food and I am hungry. Please provide for me, oh Lord!"

The next morning she stepped onto her porch and there were two huge bags of groceries sitting there. "Praise the Lord!" she cried out. "He has provided groceries for me!"

The atheist jumped out of the hedges and shouted, "There is no Lord. I bought those groceries!"

The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted, "Praise the Lord! He has provided me with groceries and He made the devil pay for them!"

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Did he bring cake, too?

    :)

    I'm trying to be good, but I've been craving cupcakes. I'm not going to make any but I am hoping SOMEbody will!

    Have yourself a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Barb, did he bring cake? That would be my first question too. That is a great story. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, this is a great one. I love it Sandee!

    Have an awesome day ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. She better find another devil to buy her groceries next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd dig down to see if there would be pie, cake or other nice desert.

    God would surely include these for a nice LOL (Little Old Lady). That and some prunes,
    ..
    BTW, I suppose, and hope, you've been missing me. We have been gone on a lovely Princess cruise to and from the Canary Islands (London start and end points).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this lady lives next door to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...that's one smart lady. Just sayin.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one gal. The Devil in the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. smart little oldie!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lord always provides, one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well he won't be doing that again LOL :-)

    Have a great Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What ya'all don't know is there is melted ice cream in the bottom of the bags...really really melted, cause it came from Hedoubletoothpicks ya'know.

    Funny all the same.
    Happy Cinco De Mayo and get an early start with Happy Quatro De Mayo! :-)

    PLU from Sunny South Florida

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess thi9s little old lady got the ultimate revenge ;o) she got the devil feeling guilty & he bought her food! cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wkwkwwkkwwk....yeah, smart..

    have a nice friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That actually made me laugh out loud :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. now that's a little old lady with a heck of a lot of faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Big Hugs!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's one way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahahaha!!!! That was nice :D made me laugh out loud in front of my pc :) and I'm in the office right now.bad employee...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahhahahahaa.. he has indeed provided.. i hope there's coffee too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am here laughing Sandee! This is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ya gotta love little ol' ladies

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha ha ha!

    Surely the neighbour finally gave in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥