Thursday, May 24, 2012

Indiana - Part II

When we were in Amish country we visited Shipshewana and were treated to lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant. We decided to have the family style meal and are we glad we did. It was a lot of food and the really neat thing is you can eat all you want. They will keep bringing you food until you are full. The picture below looks exactly like what we had for lunch. It was yummy.

Here's how they describe their family style meal:
All you can eat.

"Experience a traditional Amish meal just like we serve in our homes, with the selection of a buffet, brought to your table in bowls and platters."

Tender roast beef, homemade meatloaf or smoked ham may be selected to accompany fried chicken as your entrees. Your meal also includes real mashed potatoes, chicken dressing, gravy, vegetables, homemade bread and your choice of pie, bread pudding or ice cream and a beverage.
If you want to read about more about this establishment go HERE.

After lunch we used their restroom. I've never seen a public restroom that was so clean. Well everything was very, very clean. It was a morning and afternoon that I will never forget. When we headed back home we saw many more Amish buggies. It was delightful.

20 comments:

  1. Sandee, that looks so yummy and a lot :D My husband and I enjoy eat all you can restaurants too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited Amish country Tuesday, an Amish girl gave me a ride in her buggy with her! That was fun, this girl was wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... that looks yummy!

    Goodness!

    I don't usually go to all you can eat buffets or family-style buffets... because I end up trying too many different things!

    There's the Blue Willow Inn (in Social Circle GA) which I absolutely love! In fact, I'm hoping to go there again one day soon!

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that was such good food. Love the 'real' mashed potatoes. That sounds like so much fun visiting Amish country. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandee, did you have to waddle out of there? I would have. I have to go, the blue jays are trying to build a nest on top of our green house window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Shipshewana. Dang, that's a lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to Shipshewana. Dang, that's a lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is exactly how my (yankee) grandma cooked. seven sours and seven sweets. always cottage cheese, applebutter, cucumber and onion salad, sliced tomatoes, strawberry jam and fresh butter, country bread or rolls, a meat and lots of veggies. and cake for dessert. and no one was fat. not one family member. amazing. hard work and moderation. hmmm.

    smiles, bee
    xxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandee,
    The food looks so-o-o-o good! I am glad you were able to have an enjoyable time there. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandee,
    The food looks so-o-o-o good! I am glad you were able to have an enjoyable time there. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food dishes look inviting and irresistible. I am happy you enjoyed the food.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sandee, This looks like a wonderful treat and a good memory. I am glad that you had fun. Blessings Dearest, Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks fantastic... sounds like a great experience. I just wish we had some good Amish folks in London who could invite me round for something to eat, or even open a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We spent some time there last summer. Neat town. We didn't eat there. Looks mighty good. Next time!

    Just had a nice lunch here in Homer Spit. Beautiful. Big hugs, honey...wywh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the looks of that restaurant. That is some meal too. Everything looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had family style meals at places like that before, and I've never been disappointed. The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds great. But now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hungry too, Sandee! LOL
    That's the way Amish restaurants are, the better ones. The Oxen's Yoke in the Amana Colonies is like that.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab looking restaurant, that food looks divine I want some hope you left there full to the brim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Indiana and Amish country look beautiful! The food looks amazing too .. my kinda restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥