Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fun Facts - Part II

A species of earthworm in Australia grows up to 10 feet in length.

A survey reported that 12% of Americans think that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.

A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!

A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!

A woman's sense of smell is most sensitive during ovulation.

A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.

About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.

About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.

According to legend, there is a Superman in every episode of Seinfeld.

According to scientific studies, a rat's performance in a maze can be improved by playing music written by Mozart.
Share This


  1. Mozart improves performance in more than just rats! My nephew Mike is a music teacher and he encourages all of his students to play Mozart (actually any classical music) while studying for any and all of their other classes. It truly works!

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! Smoochies from Gracie! big hugs xoxo

  2. Toothpicks dropped on a floor coming into contact with a bare foot is also a problem. Trust me on that one.

    Have a great w/e. Sunny and chilly here in the GA Alps. Big hugs, honey...

  3. Oh COD, Mom is laughing out loud again. The Joan of Arc one. Why does she think that is so funny. Our Mom is so darn weird. Take card Sandee and have a great weekend.

  4. Willy's life improves greatly when Mozart is played ---- somewhere else.

    10-4 Willy

  5. That ten foot earthworm has really captured my imagination.

  6. joan of ark? too funny! bwahahahaha

    smiles, bee

  7. My boss can peck 200 times per sec...
    have a great weekend.

  8. A survey reported that 12% of Americans think that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.

    I am surprised it isn't more.

  9. so do post menopausal women have no sense of smell at all?

  10. More amazing facts Sandee! I have certainly learnt some new things today. Take care.

  11. I tried playing Mozart while I ventured into the kitchen; Mozart was gifted enough to keep playing while dialing 9-1-1 to get me evicted from the kitchen.

    I was going to dispute the claim, until I decided to opt for ordering a pizza...

  12. seriously? Joan of Arc? lol!!!

  13. I'm going to start playing some Mozart and see what happens the next time I'm in a maze!

  14. So you're saying Noah wasn't married?


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥