Saturday, March 3, 2012

We Love You Whitey

Whitey has been sick for a very long time, and many of you have been praying for him and for his mom Barb of The Daily Gs. Whitey just couldn't stay any longer and went to the bridge. It's breaking my heart for both him and especially for Barb. Here's what Barb had to say:

Last night I spent all night with him; loving him, touching him and talking to him. While we sat together I started going through some of my photos so I could chose one for this post. So many wonderful photos... but then I came upon this one. This was taken just 3 months after I first brought Whitey home to live with Gandalf and Grayson. It was Thanksgiving Day 2009. They were in my office window, whiffing the fresh airs and all the good Thanksgiving Day smells. And they were finally buddies, for the first time. It will always be one of my most favorite moments. Whitey liked it pretty good, too.

Love you Barb and we are sending you big healing hugs.
Share This

18 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sandee.

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that Whitey boy already. He was mighty special. And so is mama Barb.

    Big hugs from sunny WPB, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so sad that Whitey had to go to the Bridge. Poor Barb. We sent lots of purr and prayers and hugs to Barb. Have a great week end Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to say how lucky that whitey was to have had barb in his life, lucky boy indeed...

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is always a terrible time. I'm so sorry for the loss of Whitey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of Barb and Whitey
    zily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine the rainbow bridge as being a wonderful place. It's probably made of catnip. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pets are like family members--close family members and a loss of one is ofter very hard. As for me I'm alone except for my 3 small dogs---life without them would be empty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear this, It's awful when a well loved pet goes :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs for Barb.

    When my 19-year old cat died, I was devastated. He was my baby, and I still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know Whitey but I'm sorry to hear he crossed the bridge.
    Hugs and prayers for Barb and Whitey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs and love for momma Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a pretty couple bad months of losses which hurt just as much if they're of the four-footed kind as they are of the two-footed kind so my heart has certainly gone out to Barb.

    Whitey was a special boy and I know that Barb is going to miss him something horrible but I also know she loved him something horrible too and when you love like that, you can't help but hurt like that at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sorry for your loss and I send you blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to read about the death of Whitey. My prayers and thoughts are with Barb. Take care Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the heads up, Sandee.
    Whitey will be missed a lot, that is for sure.

    It's been a while since I've visited Barb. I didn't realize it was Barb with Gandalf and Grayson that Adi and I used to visit. And her sisters too.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really sad. Losing a pet is always very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel happy that you and Whitey had that wonderful time together Barb. I'm so sorry that it wasn't longer..!

    Maybe Whitey is your guarding cat now? Looking over you and the other cats???

    I gotta figure that something wonderful happens to wonderful animals after they leave us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥