Tuesday, February 7, 2012

San Diego...

Hubby and I had a pleasant trip to San Diego and arrived around 5 in the evening and got checked in.

We had a beautiful view of the downtown area and had a great meal nearby.

We had some champagne on our balcony and just watched the world go by.

The next morning we were up, showered, packed and ready to start our cruise. We had a light breakfast to hold us over until we could get to the Lido deck for lunch. That was a great plan because it took a while to make it onto the ship.

Lines were the name of the game and we went from one area to the next and then to the next. We waited and waited and then we waited some more. We figured that since the ship had come from dry dock that there were tons of supplies that needed to be put on board and lots of staff that needed to show up and get to work. I'm sure that this was the case.

We finally made it on board and had a great deli lunch and a couple of DODs (one for you Miss Bee) and we waited and waited some more until we could get to our suite. We finally make it that far and we were still thinking that we would sail around 9 or so and the trucks just kept coming and coming with supplies.

We had our safety drill and then watched the other ship leave the port for their cruise through the Panama Canal. We just sat there. We finally went to dinner and met our dinner mates. They were wonderful and we spent a great deal of time with them throughout the cruise. We went to every show together too. We also did a steakhouse night that was fabulous. We couldn't have asked for better dinner partners. Thanks Ed (His Honor) and Paula. You two were and are terrific.

Finally hubby and I got to sit on the balcony and watch the ship leave San Diego. What time you say? We left the dock at 11:00 pm. Mike of Golch Central's Rambling Stuff came the closest with 10:00 pm. We were both so very tired, but we stayed up long enough to see San Diego fading into the background. After all we weren't going to see land for over four days so we wanted to enjoy it while we could. We were finally on our way.
Share This


  1. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as I step foot onto the chip, I'm on a cruise. Whatever time it comes into port or leaves port is fine and dandy with me!

    DOD's. Do want!

    We're off to a great start! Looking forward to more. Big hugs xoxo

  2. Fab photo's I enjoyed reading your post it warmed me up It's absolutely freezing here in London, I am looking forward to the next installment.

    Have a brilliant day :-)

  3. How did I know you would get along with your dinner friends. But that is terrific that you enjoyed them. That is so bad that it took so long to get going. Have yourself a great Tues. and please give Little Bit a hug from all of us.

  4. san diego is beautiful! honey you should have vip boarding when you are in a suite. didn't they have that? buggers.

    so glad you had great table mates. we always did but once, and we got moved from them in a hurry.

    hugs, bee

  5. We had a glimpse of San Diego through your post and excellent photographs...the cruise too! Thanks for sharing!

  6. What a lovely suite!

    Even though late...it looks like a great beginning.

  7. Mrs. Chatterbox and I have cruised several times but I don't think we've ever had a cabin as nice as yours. The expression on your face says it all: you've reached paradise.

  8. That suite is identical to our Dream one! Awesome. Like Barb, as soon as we board, it is cruise time and cares are left behind.

    Big hugs, honey..

  9. Well, Sandee, a little more of San Diego than you wanted. And not exactly where all the time that you'd have liked. The harbor is beautiful from the ship going out and I'm sure you've been there plenty of times on your own.

    But when you got on board, O Boy!
    DOD: Drink of the Day or Drink Overdose
    (stole the second from drug od).

  10. Wow what a beautiful suite Sandee. It looks so beautiful, I would love to do something like that but I am just not a boat or airplane person at all, so I am stuck on ground, lol!

    I want to see Little Bit too, lol :)


  11. I think that all that waiting would drive me crazy. Seriously. I'd be a great big ball of nervous energy and until the boat finally set sail I'd not be able to relax.

  12. Sounds like a great way to start your trip! San Diego looks amazing, and love the night picture.

    Your room on the ship looks really nice! Not like the little match boxes I've seen on the brochures.

    Glad the dinner couple was pleasant. An unhappy couple could really ruin things. Looking forward to hearing about Hawaii!

    As you know, we've been having some stressful times so I'm looking forward to hearing about "paradise" .. LOL! Thanks for all of your kind words. We are too busy ...

  13. I'm so glad you had good tablemates and didn't have to go all "Hank & Lois"


    When I'm on the ship, I'm cruising.

  14. standing in line waiting is not my favorite thing to do but my husband has NO patience for it whatsoever. I can say without a doubt that he would have been grumbling the whole time

  15. What a view from your hotel! I can not wait to hear and see more about the trip :)

  16. Wow!!!I know you enjoyed yur cruise ma'am

  17. The pain of all that waiting and queuing up would drive me crazy, but by the looks of things everything turned out perfectly...

  18. ok I am off to Florida!..so there!..ha hugssssssssssssssssss!!!

  19. Though you wouldn't get me within a mile of a boat, it does look very exciting for you :)

  20. Willy thinks he would enjoy his walking that he is trying to do if he were on one of those cruise things.

    Sounds so far like you had a good time. However, Willy saw something while you were gone that made him believe that you were stuck out for a while with something. Cant remember what.

    10-4 Willy

  21. Beautiful pictures to remember the wonderful times you and hubby had Sandee! Take care and have a good Wednesday.

  22. I don't like long lines, but the rest of it sounds great. How wonderful that you dinner pals were your new shipmates.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥