Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feline Physics Laws

Second Law of Energy Conservation

Cats also know that energy can only be stored by a lot of napping.

Law of Refrigerator Observation

If a cat watches a refrigerator long enough, someone will come along and take out something good to eat.

Law of Electric Blanket Attraction

Turn on an electric blanket and a cat will jump into bed at the speed of light.

Law of Random Comfort Seeking

A cat will always seek, and usually take over, the most comfortable spot in any given room.

Law of Bag/Box Occupancy

All bags and boxes in a given room must contain a cat within the earliest possible nanosecond.

Law of Cat Embarrassment

A cat's irritation rises in direct proportion to his/her embarrassment times the amount of human laughter.

Law of Milk Consumption

A cat will drink his/her weight in milk, squared, just to show you they can.

Law of Furniture Replacement

A cat's desire to scratch furniture is directly proportional to the cost of the furniture.

Law of Cat Landing

A cat will always land in the softest place possible; often the mid-section of an unsuspecting, reclining human.

Law of Fluid Displacement

A cat immersed in milk will displace his/her own volume, minus the amount of milk consumed.

Law of Cat Disinterest

A cat's interest level will vary in inverse proportion to the amount of effort a human expends in trying to interest them.

Law of Pill Rejection

Any pill given to a cat has the potential energy to reach escape velocity.

Law of Cat Composition

A cat is composed of Matter + Anti-Matter + It Doesn't Matter.
Share This


  1. Pill Velocity is one Law I have learned all too well over the years. srsly.

    Have a lovely time out on the boat! Big hugs xoxo

  2. I would have to add an amendment to the law of refrigerator observation because of the cat who ate the cheesecake.

  3. This is my favorite!
    "All bags and boxes in a given room must contain a cat within the earliest possible nanosecond."

    I had a cat I LOVED who HAD to be in EVERY grocery bag in the house!

  4. Oh yes,those are all so very true. All of abide by those rules all day long. We know they probably are not rules, but they could be. We are excellent at spitting out pills. We love hearing all those norty words out of Mom's mouth. Take care Sandee and have a great weekend.

  5. Add ice cube to the refrigerator law. That is what my two want every time they hear the fridge door open. Love all these laws. They are sooo true.

    Wish you could join us gals this afternoon. Miss you! Big hugs, honey...

  6. I don't own a cat, but I *know* these laws are true...LOL

  7. and THAT is why i love cats!

    smiles, bee

  8. I'm all for that Second Law of Energy Conservation right about now!

    There's a lot we humans can learn from cats!

  9. Sandee, Part II is even better than Part I. :) LOL's
    Will you be posting a Part III?

    I had already adopted my law,
    Jim's Law 2101:
    Take at least one CAT NAP daily
    (Second Law of Energy Conservation for the Feline).

  10. Sandee my cats said to tell you thank you for being so purrfect :)

    Have a wonderful weekend ((HUGS))

  11. I wish I had the spare time to do a lot of napping...I really do. Maybe in the next life I can come back as a cat...

  12. I must seriously consider getting a cat. Since I only have a half a cat and a dog so far :)
    Enjoy your weekend!

  13. Cats know how to make things go their way.

  14. All very good reasons that I am a dog lover...just sayin'.

  15. All very true, except one, for us at least. No cat we've ever had has drunk milk! A bit of cream maybe, but never milk.

  16. Sometimes I wished I was a cat LOL

  17. Funny stuff. Do cats really like electric blankets?

  18. i think all the cats around here go by these laws.. hahhahaha.. and a few more laws that they create new each day :) hope you are having a great day Sandee

  19. All so true :) Love it! Cat in a box is a must when a new box comes in. I have also experienced the pill rejection and most of the above laws. Too funny, thank you for the laugh!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥