Teacher Bonnie replied, "You want to know what I make? (She paused for a second, then began...)
- Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
- I make a children receiving an A or B for their work feel like Congressional Medal of Honor winners.
- I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 minutes without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.
- I make kids wonder.
- I make them question.
- I make them apologize and mean it.
- I make them have respect for others and take responsibility for their actions.
- I teach them how to write and then I make them write. Keyboarding isn't everything.
- I make them read, read, read.
- I make them show all their work in math. They use their God given brain, not the man-made calculator.
- I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.
- Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.
His jaw dropped and the other guests were silent.
Hat tip: Dr. Vern and Taylor Mali