Saturday, January 7, 2012

This and That

Hubby and I are both in vacation mode and the list is getting shorter and shorter on things left to do. We've got all our clothes lined out for the trip as well as paid for everything except what we do on the ship and during our excursions. I'm getting pretty close to getting the suitcases down and start packing.

Our son and granddaughter will be house sitting while we are gone because someone has to make sure our Little Bit is happy. We can't put her in a kennel as she won't eat and she's just too old for that kind of trauma. She is sad when we are gone, but she knows if she is home then we will return. It's been working fine for some years now. We also got her a dog house as our son will be working during the day and that means Little Bit will be in the back yard. Hubby has been training her to get into and out of the doghouse and she's doing well. It will keep her warmer and she'll have her bed with all her doggie smells to comfort her. What we won't do for our babies.

We have 12 more days until our cruise and to say I'm not excited would be a big fib. I'm so looking forward to all the things Carnival Spirit has to offer. We had a fabulous time last year cruising to the Caribbean on the Carnival Glory with our blogging buddies and I sure wish that whole crowd was cruising with us to Hawaii.

Next Friday we are going to have television again after many years with no television. It's the new U-family from AT&T and it's all fiber optics. This is a bundle with Internet, television and phone service. What is really cool is we are going from DSL at 6 MBPS to fiber optics at 12 MBPS. Wow, twice as fast? I can't wait for that. Television? Not so much but hubby will enjoy that.

We are spending this weekend at home and have a family get together on Sunday. Next weekend we'll be boating for our regular January yacht club meeting Saturday night and then a board meeting on Sunday morning. Then it's home and do the last minute things before we leave on Thursday the 18th and head for San Diego, California. I. Can't. Wait!
Share This

25 comments:

  1. We can just feel you getting all excited about your cruise. Glad Little Bit has someone special to take care of her. That is important. We know you will have a wonderful time and are looking forward to the pictures. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! And I wish I were joining you, too!

    I wish we had that plan here. While we're actually in a fairly large city, apparently we're still too much in the sticks for anything that good!

    big, envious but happy-for-you hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life there are always some difficult, hope you have a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I bet you can't wait!

    We're waiting for fiber optics here, but we are a small village so probably last on the list. I heard it will be in May, but we'll see.

    Have a fantastic time on your cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are impressed at the minute details you care to keep Little Bit happy. We share your excitement in respect of your forthcoming trip.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you both will make sure Little Bit is happy while you are away! It's what we do b/c we love our furbabies. I.Can't.Wait for your trip either. You know I am going with you, cyberly. Wish it were for real. Srsly. We love the Spirit. Heck, we love cruising, especially with good ppl.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oboy oboy oboy a cruise!!! wish we were going with you but want to know all about it. we have been to hawaii but never cruised so we are really interested in the excursions you take.

    hugs, bee
    ooxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be excited too if I was getting ready to go on a cruise to Hawaii.
    My husband would probably love the fiber optics thing. I don't watch a lot of tv but he does

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that it's great you are going to get some tv time although I agree I don't think u will watch
    Much. I do remember once posing an entire movie on my blog! You the greatest, Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you enabled the mobile site for cell phones. I can talk in a comment from anywhere, even a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are certainly in for some good times Sandee! Do have a whale of a time and I look forward to reading about it and seeing pictures. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful vacation. Cruising is so delightful. Does Little Bit get suspicious when you bring out the suitcases? Our dog would always sit inside the suitcases when we put them on the bed and started packing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh-hh, nice =) How big is your suitcase? Any chance I'll fit?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to come got any room LOL

    Have a great Sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go with y'all... just sayin'. Television? You haven't missed much. Except for a few guilty pleasure shows I happen upon, I don't watch much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. S.D. and I have decided not to go with television when we finally move in together. We'll subscribe to Netflix and there's always Hulu so I can keep up with the few shows I really do enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. S.D. and I have decided not to go with television when we finally move in together. We'll subscribe to Netflix and there's always Hulu so I can keep up with the few shows I really do enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like fun, Sandee! Our only time in San Diego was a day excursion on our Panama Canal Cruise--Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles.

    No TV? I thought that all retired people had it? We have one daughter who doesn't have it. So I know people can live without.
    ..
    Eleven days now! That is a nice cruise, cuts out a lot of long flights. [Our next is a scheduled for April, 11 days Canary Islands Roundtrip From London.] We have Adi and Katrin (dogs) and Amber (cat) to board. Only Amber will be kennelled.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a wonderful time! We didn't have a TV for years. We finally have one now too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Big hugs,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time again :) we're excited for the pictures too!

    I must say W-O-W! with your upcoming new internet connection :)) that is sooo good!!

    Have a nice week ahead Sandee!! I just got back from the province, we celebrated my father's 75th birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always wanted to go on a cruise. I absolutely cannot wait until the day comes. I'm soooo anxious! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I almost forgot you had a cruise coming up this month. Wow, time sure does fly. I hope you both have a great time. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a lot of good times in the next couple of weeks! I'm so excited for you and your upcoming cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That seemed to come up really fast! It sounds like your dog will be in good hands, so I'm sure you'll have a great worry-free cruise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥