Friday, January 27, 2012


Today we are in Honolulu, Hawaii. We will tour Pearl Harbor and the USS Missouri. I've always wanted to visit both of these places as they are full circle to me. One is at the very beginning of a horrible war and the other is the ending of that horrible war. There will be tears. Life if good. WYWH!

Honolulu, HI - Imagine spending all day and all night on gorgeous Honolulu. You'll need time to take in this beautiful island with its pulsating nightlife, world-class dining, perfect beaches and quiet coves. Stroll the fabled beaches of Waikiki under the protective watch of the ancient volcanic profile of Diamond Head. Visit the Polynesian Cultural Center, a 42-acre living museum of the many cultures of the South Pacific. And be sure to stop off at the historic USS Arizona Memorial, dedicated to those who died at Pearl Harbor.

Note: Comment moderation is on as I will not be monitoring the comments until my return. Don't worry you don't have to type in anything. So please leave a message and I'll make sure that I publish all the good comments and delete all the spam comments as soon as we get back home.
Share This


  1. Al's daughter Kim and her Army hubby went to the Memorial about a year ago. Very emotional.

    I just know you're having the best time exploring the Pacific Paradise! Big hugs xoxo

  2. We toured those sites in June, 2009. It really was a moving experience, and learning the details of the attack on Pearl Harbor was really an eye opener. War is such a terrible thing!

  3. We were only there a brief stopover from Japan, with two small children AND my mother, so there wasn't time to do these. Next time! So looking forward to your stories and photos.

    Big hugs from overcast central FL, honey...

  4. I wish I could have gotten in your suitcase Sandee, miss you bunches.

    Have an AWESOME time, huge ((HUGS))

  5. I *so* want to visit those sites. So much to learn and see... Enjoy!

  6. we visited that, very emotional... miss you!

    smiles, bee

  7. Both those ships are repsenitive that indeed.

  8. Hope you are having a great time and the experience today was what you were hoping for.

  9. Pearl harbor-that is so part of our history! enjoy your tour Sandee!!

  10. My daughter and her high school band were in Honolulu and Pearl Harbor Thanksgiving week, during the 70th commemoration activities. She said her day at Pearl Harbor left her emotionally overwhelmed. She collapsed in her hotel room that evening, exhausted.

    I hope you find the experience as memorable.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥