Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day IX

Today we are in Kona, Hawaii. Our excursion today is the Kona Historical Tour. Some of the things we'll do on this tour:

View of Kealakekua Bay where Captain Cook first arrived in Hawaiia
See St. Benedict's "Painted Church"
Stop and enjoy the World Famous Kona Coffee Farm
Visit Pu`uhonua `o Honaunau (the Place of Refuge)
Tour Historic Kona Town
No host lunch.

Life is good. WYWH!

Kona, HI - Step on this multi-colored island ringed with miles of bougainvillea and poinsettia and you'll understand immediately why the royals of Hawaii chose it as their summer residence. The deep, rich soil is the breeding ground for two of the world's most unique treasures: macadamia nuts and Kona coffee, and there's plenty of both in the quaint shops, which also offer exquisite coral jewelry and hand-sewn muumuus. At the opposite end of quaint: Hulihee Palace, grand and majestic with a superb collection of royal antiques.

Note: Comment moderation is on as I will not be monitoring the comments until my return. Don't worry you don't have to type in anything. So please leave a message and I'll make sure that I publish all the good comments and delete all the spam comments as soon as we get back home.
Share This


  1. I like Kona coffee and macadamia nuts! Bit I adore Bougainvillea! I never had the right spot to plant it in Florida. My mother's friend had some on the side of her garage, right near her orange trees. SO tall, and so pretty.

    I know you two are probably sick to death of having so much fun by now. Want me to fly over and spot you for a a day? :)

    Big hugs xoxo

  2. Beautiful! Love the photos. Hubby and I honeymooned in Kona.

  3. i want to be where you are!

    smiles, bee

  4. Drink a cup of coffee for me. lol

  5. Enjoy your cuppa Kona goodness!

  6. Beauty, macadamia nuts, good coffee...what's not to love...except that MM and I aren't there!

    Sending big hugs, honey...

  7. Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee for me.

  8. Hope you enjoyed a cup of Kona coffee Sandee!!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥