Friday, December 9, 2011

Sugar's Furry Friend

I'm a BIG fan of Sugar the Golden Retriever. She and her mom, Maria Rosalyn Acero, are a daily read of mine. Sugar's mom wrote a book called Sugar's Furry Friend. I purchased a copy and read it a few days ago. The book is geared for children ages 3 to 6 years old, but I found it a very pleasant read. Here's what Toni F., Teacher said:
"Sugar's Furry Friend is a delightful children's book about a Golden Retriever who discovers a chipmunk in her backyard. As the story unfolds through four seasons, the visually appealing illustrations not only capture the true to nature course of time, but also the heart-warming joy found in the budding friendship between the two."
The seasons play a very large part in this book and the interaction between Sugar and the chipmunk. During spring and summer they play and have fun and then in the fall the chipmunk is busy getting ready for winter. Pretty soon the chipmunk is gone and Sugar waits for the chipmunk to return. And in the spring the chipmunk does return and the process is repeated.

I found the book delightful and intend on giving it to my great grand-baby. If you want to purchase this delightful children's book and also support a fellow blogger go HERE to purchase Sugar's Furry Friend. I know your little ones will enjoy it very much. There is also a puzzle you can purchase too, and if you order soon you'll have either one or both before Christmas.
Share This

13 comments:

  1. I bought one for my nephew too... i am sure he will love it. I read it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a great book. WE saw it over at Sugar's and what a great Xmas present it will make for little children which includes our Mom. She is just a little kid at heart. Great review. Thanks Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How marvelous! Some people are so imaginative and clever.

    Should I write a book about my cats? Probably not today. I'm a whole lotta miffed with the little darlings this morning.

    Happy Friday, honey! Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof! Woof! Golden Hello! and Lots of Golden Thanks for this post. YES I inspired my mom to write a book about one of my backyard adventure with my furry friend. We are delighted to hear/read great feedbacks. Lots of Golden LOVE n Woofs, Sugar n mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds very interesting Sandee! The picture featured is so cute! Many children would welcome this as a Christmas gift! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to her on what I'm sure will be a very successful book!

    And yes, Barb should do one on her four furries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a child in my life to buy this book for; wait a minute, I do--ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duke and I both love Sugar. I wish we had a little one to buy the book for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great book! But I've never been one for children's books---I always looks for hidden messages! Damn just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that dog. My mutt has a bit of Golden in her. The book looks great for kids. But, I don't think my 22 year old would be in the mood for a bit of retro grade school reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A golden and a book about a golden? What's not to love about that. I def need that book...and need to remind myself to purchase after we settle in FL so the mail can find us.

    Big hugs, honey, from sunny and chilly nawth jawjah...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a good post, Sandee. The book sounts pretty interesting.

    However, I would not recomment you do this (make friends with a bear that comes up) at home! Not you or the kids. Too many bears are not people friendly.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great. Thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥