Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bob and Mary

This is the completed Story Game of "Bob and Mary" that you all did an outstanding job in authoring.

Bob and Mary just finished three days of holiday shopping when Mary discovered that she had forgotten something important and essential. She had not gotten anything for Bob. Since it was Cyber Monday, Mary sat down at the computer and typed in http://www.amazon.com, thinking she might get him a book on how to bake a cake but instead she found a great sale on cartoon character underwear, a whole set for only $300!

But that is too expensive. I have seven grandchildren. I better try that search again. An in depth research revealed that 7 sets of undergarments is only $300. Hence Bob decided to clinch the deal, because, what is Christmas without some Batman Underwear? He pulled his still warm credit card from his wallet, bought the underwear and decided to have cake for lunch!

Then he pondered about secretly buying that special necklace with Mary's birthstone. It was on sale and he knew how much she wanted one. He bought it and said I am going to hide it in the underwear. She'll NEVER think to look for it there. I'll take it out and wrap it up at the last minute.

Unfortunately, that turned out to be a bad idea, because when Mary discovered she was still wearing a blouse she decided to try on in one of the stores, so she grabbed the underwear and and put them on and decided to give Bob an early Christmas treat!

Bob HAD to figure out if the necklace was still encapsulated in the underwear his wife was showcasing to him. Nervously, like an inept schoolboy, he tenderly pulled back the elastic band emblazoned with the Bat-logo when the doorbell rang. Who was at the door? The pastor of our church and here's my wife dancing around in my batman underwear. We should have closed the curtains because our pastor was getting a real show. I hustled my wife off to our bedroom and answered the door. Our poor pastor was embarrassed beyond belief, but I was in worse shape than him.

After the pastor left I went to our bedroom to find my wife in tears about the pastor watching her dance in batman underwear. There was no consoling her either. She got dressed and left the bedroom and I began searching for the birthstone necklace. I couldn't find it anywhere. It just had disappeared. If fact I searched every room that my wife had been while she was giving me and our pastor a show and still couldn't find the necklace.

The necklace was on sale when I purchased it the first time, but it wasn't on sale when I purchased it the second time. I've learned a valuable lesson. Buy the gift, wrap it and put it under the Christmas tree. Don't hide it in your underwear drawer.

Contributing authors (In order of appearance):

Steve of Stevebethere
Barb of TheDailyGs
Marg of Margs Pets
Ivanhoe of From Ohio with Love
Russ of Grampy's World

Rajagopalan of Just Out
Mike of A Five Minute Vacation
Empress Bee of Muffin53
Judy Haughton-James of Judy H-J's Thoughts
DrillerAA09 of Driller's Place

Annie of A Nice Place In The Sun
Grampy of Mysterious World
Ron Russell of TOTUS: Conservative Political Commentary
George of Addanac City
Rence of Living the Filipino Dream

A great big THANK YOU to everyone that contributed to the Story Game. You are all awesome!
Share This


  1. I think that could be made into romantic a film LOL

    Well done to all authors :-)

    Have a brilliant day :-)

  2. Excellent! Now where's the cake?

    Have a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

  3. Sounds like a plot of a new TV show. No scratch that, it's much better. Fun read,but maybe because I watched it get put together.

  4. Love it!
    Hugs from chilly SW Ohio

  5. Made me smile...as usual.

    Have a great day. Big hugs, honey...

  6. That story came out really well. So glad there was cake in it. Now I have to go find a piece of cake. Take care Sandee and have a super Tuesday.

  7. Hahahaha! That was fun, Sandee :) Have a great day!

  8. Hey Sandee,
    The story certainly turned out interesting! Love it. I am glad I was able to participate. I hope your Tuesday is going well. I am okay apart from the continuing stressful internet problems. At least I got a chance to read this story and brighten my afternoon here in Jamaica!:) Take care.

  9. HThat was a great story. Well done to all the contributing authors

  10. aw lovely as always...you are such upbeat inspirational friends! God love you! (HUGS)

  11. You all are a bunch of pervs..haha

  12. I'm eagerly waiting for the second episode!

  13. A nice one, Sandee. I like to do these but was out of the country, well Texas country, when this was running. We are home now.

  14. another great story


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥