Sunday, November 6, 2011

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, hosted by Rhonda of Laugh Quotes.

Silly Sunday is your chance to share a favorite joke, silly picture, funny quote, amusing anecdote, creative comic or anything which made you smile today – and get a bit more traffic to your blog.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
A priest and a rabbi are walking down the street together, and they both want a drink, but they have no money on them. The priest says, "I've got an idea how to get us some free drinks." He walks in alone and the rabbi stands at the door and watches. The priest orders a drink, drinks it, and then the bartender gives him his tab. The priest says, "But my son, I've already paid for the drink."

The bartender says, "I'm terribly sorry, father, but it's really busy in here and I must have forgotten."

The rabbi walks in and orders a drink. After he drinks it, the bartender gives him the tab, and the rabbi says, "Son, I paid you when I ordered the drink."

The bartender says, "I'm terribly sorry, rabbi, I don't know what's wrong with me, but that's the second time that happened to me today."

The rabbi says, "That's okay, son, no offense taken. Now, just give me change for the twenty I gave you, and I'll be on my way."

Silly Sunday Participants
1. Barb
2. Joyce Lansky
3. Marg
4. Bearman
5. Ann
6. Rajagopalan
7. Angel
8. Empress Bee
9. Ivanhoe
10. Stephen Hayes
11. RennyBA
12. MC/Curtis
13. Da Dude
14. Lauren
15. Tony McGurk
16. Stevebethere
16. Binky
Share This


  1. Oh, no! The poor bartender! And he probably didn't get a tip, either!

    Happy Sunday! Big hugs xoxo

  2. I don't like this joke at all. As a Jewish person, I find it HIGHLY offensive as it pushes a stereotype that isn't true. I know of no clergy people or Jews who would ever do something this dishonest. It's NOT funny, and I wish you'd remove it.

  3. I thought it was really funny. Doesn't matter what religion they are. It is a good trick. Take care Sandee and have a super Sunday.

  4. I take all of sandees jokes in the spirit in which they are presented. Good natured humor no matter which ethnicity is the punchline (and they all have been)

  5. Being born and raised a catholic I know of no priest who would ever do such a thing but it sure is funny.

  6. As a Hindu I believe in Karma theory. Both the priest and rabbi settle their score with the bartender who is indebted to them in his previous births.
    However I am sure this joke is meant in lighter veins.
    Have a great Sunday!

  7. just dont joke around about the u know whos! Have a beautiful Sunday my friend:)

  8. uh oh, i knew as soon as i read this someone would get bent out of shape. it's a joke people, just a joke. there are jokes about blondes and i don't yell. i laugh. sandee would never intentionally hurt anyone or anything, she is a person that loves life and people.

    hugs, bee

  9. Good grief people. This is a blog about FUNNY. It's a joke. EVERY joke pushes a stereotype...that's WHY they're funny.

    There are blonde jokes, Irish jokes (fill in your own country or location), Southern (fill in your own region), lawyers, golfers, and certainly ALL religions... You can't laugh about one kind of stereotype and then get all bent out of shape about by another just because you might happen to be blonde or Irish or a golfer or a lawyer... or of a particular religion.

    Lighten up!

  10. Wow! There are some seriously clever people out there. Why can I come up with that? Hahahahaha! Have a great Sunday, Sandee :)

  11. I think comedians are some of the bravest people alive. It takes courage to try and make people laugh. You're bound to offend someone. Over the years I've missed the mark once or twice and offended people, but it's important to consider the intent. I think the best way to disarm a stereotype is to laugh at it.

  12. Ha!
    I guess the rabbi couldn't find the drink wholesale.
    WHOA! Haha...
    These are jokes people. Get over yourselves.

  13. Hmmm... Why does Sunday have to be silly? Can't it be Tuesday or Thursday. Those are boring days. Hmm.. Gotta think about that.

    I see you removed the EC widget. Probably a good thing.

    Have a great Silly Sunday!

  14. I guess they drink religiously. Enjoy your afternoon.

  15. Ha I must try that myself sometime

  16. Haha! I thought it was funny LOL

    Have a great day Sandee :-)

  17. Actually, wasn't it a fifty?

  18. Thanks for linking up on Silly Sunday.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥