Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Messed Up!

The following is an ad from a real-life newspaper which appeared four days in a row - the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY: "For sale: R. D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P. M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap."

TUESDAY Notice: We regret having erred In R. D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should have read "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 948-0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 P. M."

WEDNESDAY Notice: R. D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday. The ad stands corrected as follows: "For sale R. D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P. M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

THURSDAY Notice: I, R. D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 948-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper but she quit!
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Funny. At least the paper corrected it. LOL or tired to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grammar are everythings.

    hahahaha!

    Gracie posed for you yesterday. It was my first photo taken on my new iPhone. Since it was for you, she posed extra purdy! Have a lovely day. Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing can be a very tricky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn sewing machine....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha.

    Poor Mrs. Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is something that would happen to me. That was pretty funny except for that poor woman. Take care. Hugs to Little Bit

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more you try to make things better.....
    Thanks for the grin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Digging and digging and digging and digging and BURIED.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of the adage: When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I started laughing and almost choked!:) This machine reminds me of one my mom had when I was very young!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it sounded just right to me! ha hah a

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. lmbo, oh my gosh Sandee these are too funny.

    I hope your having a great day ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all in the wording :) Very funny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to have the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. blunders in punctuation and wording!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha!!!at least they tried to correct it..I wonder what happened to the newspaper company? :D and oh..poor sewing machine...

    ReplyDelete
  17. THAT IS HYSTERICAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. An oldie but a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oy!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bhahahaaa, poor Mrs. Kelly! do you think Mr. Kelly knew???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good one, Sandee! :)
    That man may never have another housekeeper!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always knew those sewing machines were trouble makers...

    ReplyDelete
  23. And THIS is why I tell my kids that word placement is very important!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥