Thursday, November 17, 2011

IOBG

In October I attended an International Order of the Blue Gavel (district 19) committee meeting at Ebony Boat Club. Membership is by invitation only and you have to be a past commodore to be considered. Your peers (the past commodores of your club) are polled to see if you are going to be invited as a member.

I figured this would be done later in the year, but according to Dr. Bendsen it had already been done. He then told me that he wanted me to attend the meeting right after lunch. Okay, I can do that.

The vice president of the club was setting up events for 2012 and finding folks that would do an event. Also discussed was next years officers. He mentioned that there was an opening for treasurer at which time Dr. Bendsen pointed at me. I told him I didn't qualify as I was a commodore and would be until December 2, 2011. I also have to be inducted into IOBG before I can hold office. We had an attorney in the crowd that cleaned is up nicely. Have the positions of secretary and treasurer be done by the same person and after my induction I would then become the treasurer. I agreed to that.

The vice commodore then said he hoped I would go through the chairs, but it wasn't required. I agreed to go through the chairs. So my break from doing yacht club functions will last until February and then I'll start going through the chairs of another club. The best part? I'm happy about it as IOBG has always been near and dear to my heart.
Share This

18 comments:

  1. Very impressive that not only are you going to be able to work your way up through the chairs and become commodore again but that the IOBG wanted you to start right away!

    I've got no doubt that you'll do a wonderful job in all of the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! I am quite proud to know you.

    You and I... we're a lot alike. We have to be busy, have to be involved. It's a great life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you wouldn't be resting on your laurels for very long:) Congrats, honey. They made an excellent choice. You'll do an awesome job, as usual.

    Big hugs from chilly jawjah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is a big deal! I know you will be the best treasurer they ever had. Enjoy your new job, Sandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy! I had NO idea that being retired was so much work!

    Congratulations!

    Big hugs (from me and the Gs) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great Sandee. We are so very proud of you and like I said before, feel very honored that we know you. We know you will do the best job ever.
    Big hugs to Little Bit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could pretend to understand all of that, but I won't. I guess I should congratulate you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Sandee! You're gonna do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Enjoy the small break you get until February, then give 'em heck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one thing I don't have. I think I have gavel envy. I have a rubber mallet in my tool box but I don't think it has the power to sentence a murderer to 20 years. Only gavels can do that effectively

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Sandee! I am happy for you and wish you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is great, in the Navy the rank of Commadore is equal to a one-star admiral. A rank that only given in wartime, otherwise all U.S. Admirals are Rear(two-stars) or higher. Just comments from an old sailor. Congrads!!!!!
    I could be wrong, as its been many years since I wore the uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, good for you! i am duly impressed!

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds great, Sandee. Congratulations! Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're getting a great person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥