Saturday, November 26, 2011

Growing Older

Aging: eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

The easiest way to find something that's lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try doing it like your wife told you?

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

He who hesitates is almost certainly right.

Did you ever notice? The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are 'XL'.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt..
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf.
Share This


  1. i especially love the gold one! have a great weekend honey!

    smiles, bee

  2. The Roman Numbers one cracked me up. Fortunately, I'm too far past 40 to remember. :)

    One of the most important disciplines a person can master is leaving unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment... This one thing keeps you out of most troubles. :)

    Have a lovely day, Sandee xoxo

  3. Very interesting Sandee and this certainly brought a smile to my face. You are so right, no sense worrying about getting older. I hope your weekend is going great. Yesterday sinusitis gave me a hard time but I am feeling so much better today. Take care.

  4. Simply brilliant...especially #3:)

    Have a great boating w/e. Big hugs, honey...

  5. Yup, I have reached the age of which I am very proud to have reached and I hope to reach many more years. Love all these sayings. Good stuff. Have a great Saturday Sandee. Hugs to Little Bit

  6. Umm.. I was XL before I turned 40.

    Have a great weekend.

  7. I can relate to the witchcraft and golf one - as well as the wrinkles and a few others!

    Hope you're having a lovely holiday weekend!

  8. when i heard my full fist and middle and last name called out i knew i was in deep.

  9. Delightful...#3 gets a lot of play at my house!

  10. Mrs. Chatterbox really laughed at #3--try doing it the way your wife told you...

  11. Smile when things go wrong - was a old saying. Find a scape goat is the new look!
    I also like the punch line on golf!
    Have a great weekend!

  12. amen on the middle name thing! LOL!

  13. oh yeah, my kids always knew they were in trouble when I used their middle name :)

  14. The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

    1. First name, no nickname. Parent is getting irritated.

    2. First and middle name. Yep, better stop and behave fast.

    3. First, Middle, Last: Uh Oh, totally screwed. Grounded until next year.

  15. LOL - love this list. I have a favorite "If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try doing it like your wife told you?"

  16. Woof! Woof! I am proud to be a senior dog ... can't hide it since I have a whitely face. My mom is also very proud of her age but no one seems to believe her ... she still get carded.Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

  17. I like the Roman Numerals one

  18. I love this post! "If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try doing it like your wife told you..."


    I cannot find my I'm wearing old ones that are broken...Perhaps I should buy a new pair? And...maybe stop lying about my age? (Smile...)

    Thanks for the laughs Sandee~


  19. I'm nearing that Roman Numerals number but I'm working on not being XL :) hope I'll succeed!!

  20. Plus a lot of things look a lot better without glasses.

  21. Brilliant! You always come up with the funniest stuffs...XL *LOL* Hope you are having a great day Sandee.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥