Saturday, October 15, 2011


I'm told you have to be from Wisconsin to get this joke. Well I'm not from Wisconsin and I got it. I thought it was pretty funny too.

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman president, who happens to be from Wisconsin. A few days after the election the president-elect, whose name is Susan, calls her father and says, 'So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?'

'I don't think so. It's a 18 hour drive.'

'Don't worry about it Dad, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home. And a limousine will pick you up at your door.'

'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?'

Oh Dad, replies Susan, 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington.'

'Honey,' Dad complains, 'you know I can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat. Do they serve tap beer?'

The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Dad. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in Washington, I'll ensure your meals are salt free. You and mom just have to be there.

So Dad reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan is being sworn in as President of the United States. In the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom. Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States.

The Senator whispers back, 'Yes I do.'

Dad says proudly, 'Her brother played football for the Green Bay Packers.'

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. I got it. I have a line that immediately popped into my head... but I'd better not say it. :)

    Happy Saturday! Bback at the boat!? Well, why not? It's there and you can! Have fun, honey!

    Big hugs xoxo

  2. I get it and it is funny. Have a great day

  3. It is kind of cute. I am not even from Wisconsin.Have a good weekend.

  4. pop is soda and vikings are not welcome ... hahaaa!

  5. I got it. Our Wisconsin niece is here, and we do NOT discuss politics!

    Have a great w/e. Big hugs, honey...

  6. That really was pretty funny. Might not be a bad idea. Take care. Are you out on the boat again?? Hugs to Little Bit.

  7. Priorities! That's what that's called I do believe. Good one.

  8. aw buggers! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  9. What else is there to do in northern Wisconsin. Funny stuff.

  10. I'm not from Wisconsin,but I know packer fans, so I get it.

  11. This is really funny! I visited Wisconsin so i got it too.
    My brother-in-law will enjoy this too.
    Have great weekend!

  12. I am a WI CheeseHead born & raised. And I can so hear this being said by many a dad or mom! LOL... besides soda(V pop), we also have bubblers instead of water-fountains ;)

  13. I have gone to Wisconsin. I enjoy this futuristic joke!

  14. I grew up in Illinois and I get it - and I laughed. :)

  15. I guess it's like Bill Clinton was once more known for his wife, Hillary? Right?
    If that isn't the joke then I missed it. LOL


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥