Sunday, October 23, 2011

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, hosted by Rhonda of Laugh Quotes.

Silly Sunday is your chance to share a favorite joke, silly picture, funny quote, amusing anecdote, creative comic or anything which made you smile today – and get a bit more traffic to your blog.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
Brian had asked Dave to help him out with cutting his rather large garden hedge after work, so Dave went straight over to Brian's home. When they got to the front door, Brian went straight up to his wife, gave her a big hug and told her how beautiful she was and how much he had missed her at work. When it was time for supper, he complimented his wife on her excellent cooking, kissed her and told her how much he loved her.

Once they were cutting the hedge, Dave told Brian that he was surprised that he fussed so much over his wife. Brian said that he' d started this about six months ago, it had revived their marriage, and things couldn't be better. Dave thought he'd give it a go.

When he got home, he gave his wife a massive hug, kissed her and told her that he loved her. His wife burst into tears. Dave was confused and asked why she was crying.

She said, 'This is the worst day of my life. First, little Nigel fell off his bike and twisted his ankle. Then, the washing machine broke and flooded the basement. And now, you come home drunk!'

Silly Sunday Participants
1. Catch My Words
2. Laugh Quotes
3. Kibitz Spot
4. Barb
5. Marg
6. Mike
7. Empress Bee
8. Stephen Hayes
9. Rajagopalan
10. Ann
11. David
12. Tony McGurk
13. Bearman
14. Angel
15. Binky
16. Speedcat
17. TorAa
18. Kim
19. William K Wallace
Share This


  1. Bless her heart. I'd have been suspicious had my husband come home that way, too. :)

    Happy boating today honey! Big hugs xoxo

  2. Too funny. That made our Mom laugh out loud. Hope you are having a super duper Sunday. Take care.

  3. See, Us guys can't win no matter what we try.

  4. that guy will be forever confused!

    smiles, bee

  5. Laughter is a great way to start a Sunday morning. Thanks.

  6. poor guy!
    have a great sunday!

  7. He can't win for losing can he.


  8. LOL, I think I would suspect the same thing if Wade came home and did that. I liked this one

  9. lol.. bad luck for dave.. hope you all have a great sunday.. ! Yikes.. Tomorrow is Monday doh..

  10. Ha Ha Change too quick & I guess that's what happens.

    Reminds me one I went to the supermarket & while I was there I got Michelle a bunch of roses. The checkout operator asked "Are they trouble roses?" I asked what she meant & she said her husband only buys her flowers when he's been in trouble & wants to get back in her good books. I told her that they were for my wife just because I loved her. A woman behind me spoke up & said "You're a rare breed of husband!!!"

    P.S. I'm on Blogger now after some majr site problems. Th latest post on TM Comics explains. Given up on self hosting... New blog is now listed on my Blogger profile

  11. I'm with Mike.

    And Tony's wife only gets mad at him for his blogging indecisiveness.

  12. HAPPY SUNDAY my sweet friend!..xxxoooo

  13. Maybe he should have started small, with just a kiss.

  14. LOL - drunk - heheheh
    Thanks for linking up and thanks for the linky.

  15. I missed silly Sunday so is it ok if I have a silly week??


    Hi Sandee :-)

  16. Wordl is injustice;-)

  17. No good deed goes unpunished!

    Have a great Monday.

  18. No joy for Dave, I guess his luck just totally ran out...


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥