Friday, October 14, 2011

San Francisco

We had three fabulous days in San Francisco at South Beach Yacht Harbor @ Pier 40. There was a walking tour, shopping and lunches out almost every single day. We had a potluck dinner on the dock the very first night and had spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and tiramisu. It was a fabulous meal combined with some good wine and great company. Do you get the feeling that we eat a lot? Okay lots of wine too. Yes we do, but in moderation.


As I was starting this post today hubby got the mail and my Christmas cards that I ordered from Lisa Ceaser @ Lisa Ceaser Photography last week arrived. If you haven't checked out her beautiful photography go HERE and enjoy the great views. Anyway I ordered Christmas cards from her and she added something special with my order. It's a beautiful print of the picture above. Lisa, Hubby and I had dinner in San Francisco last May when she was in San Francisco for some training. Thank you so much Lisa. I remember this shot when you returned home and processed all your shots. (Click on any photograph to biggify.)

On our way to dinner at Delancy Street on Wednesday we saw this aircraft carrier docked right across from Delancy Street. Fleet week is upon us and there was a large military presence. Aren't they so very young? We spent the rest of our time in San Francisco thanking these fine men for their service. They were most appreciative too. God bless them all.

Thursday morning brought with it lots of rain. A downpour and then some. By the afternoon the sun came back out and with it came hours of entertainment watching the Blue Angles practice. It was most delightful. Here's one of many videos that hubby took. Enjoy.
Thursday night only three couples went to dinner. That's what happens when folks go to great places for lunch everyday. We went to MoMos about two blocks away and had a fabulous meal. Again we ran into more military personnel and again we all thanked them for their service.

At 9:00am Friday morning, hubby and I headed back to Antioch while two other boats went back to their perspective marina's and one boat went to Pier 39 for two weeks. The rest of the flotilla headed for Sausalito for the weekend. The water was smooth and we were back at Ebony Boat Club by 2:00pm. Tomorrow is youth day and we've been looking forward to participating. Thanks for riding along on our annual bay cruise.
Share This

24 comments:

  1. We LOVE San Francisco! We have taken the kids there twice and we would love to go again.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sandee ... just AWESOME :-)

    Howdy from old SpeedyCat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a beautiful place! Truly. I've seen the Blue Angels a few times. Incredible training and discipline!

    So sweet of Lisa to send you a prize!

    Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great trip!!! so happy for you both! thanks to zane for letting me see the blue angels this morning!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. handsome men in uniforms and spaghetti and wine... can't get more gooder than that!

    Blue angels are so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it all, more of my favorite foods drink. Spaghetti and wine. What could be better. This sailing is sounding better and better. Plus look at all the great thing you get to see. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it all, more of my favorite foods drink. Spaghetti and wine. What could be better. This sailing is sounding better and better. Plus look at all the great thing you get to see. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the video!
    Glad you two are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've never been to California, but it looks amazing! Love the pics and sounds like another great time. Christmas cards ... I don't want to think about it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. been there too! love the GB:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great time. I know what you mean by sailors and marines looking so young. When i see a new cop, i want to ask him if his mommy knows he's dressing up to play policeman.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love San Fran - it's my favorite city ever.

    Thanks for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My wife and I are planning for our next excursion to be in San Francisco. We are excitedly looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great time. That first picture is just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! So glad it arrived safely. I was so excited to include that special print for you and Zane. :) It's one of my favorites from my trip and I am still very grateful for you both. Meeting you was the highlight of that trip, the first away from my daughter for that length of time.

    Thank you for being you and for always thinking of us and supporting us!

    Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crusing sounds like such fun. The print indeed does look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandee ~~ I'm thinking we should have bought a boat and joined a yacth club when we sold the farm. :)

    Really though, you were having a ball. Good for you! :) That's why you do this sort of thing while you still can. Because of my knee transplant I have crossed a lot off my list. The biggest was going to the South Pole.

    It rains a lot in San Fransisco, doesn't it? I spent a month there back in the mid 60's. Wow!
    Finally, when we visit Sausalito is our turning around point after crossing the bridge unless we go north.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I expect your 'Blue Angels' are similar our 'Red Arrows' So clever!

    It looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pics! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip with the good food and beautiful sights.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome! what a nice post!! thanks a lot for sharing.......

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to The City.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds as if you had more than enough great things to do to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Football's pretty important to some. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥