Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Proper Wages

The Montana Department of Employment, Division of Labor Standards claimed a small rancher was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.

GOV’T AGENT: “I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them.”

RANCHER: ”Well, there’s my hired hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

Then there’s the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.”

GOV’T AGENT: “That’s the guy I want to talk to - the mentally challenged one.”

RANCHER: “That would be me.”

Hat tip: Sarge Charlie of Sarge Charlie
Share This

27 comments:

  1. hehehehehe.. thanks for the laughs Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor guy :) work so hard!! hehe!

    Have a nice day Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby really liked that one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny!

    (Sometimes I feel a bit like that - even if the only crop I'm raising is children.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahahahaha! That's a knee slapper!

    Have a lovely day. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. bwahahaha.....
    have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well good for him he still gets to sleep with his wife..haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that was super funny. That was a really good one. Hope the guy got a raise. Take care Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice funny but true one, Sandee! LOL
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! More truth here than one might think. Usually the owner works much harder and longer than the hired hand and often at a loss in bad years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That figures. I remember employing a designer once and paying her much more than I paid myself - which was usually zero. And I was training her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being a small bs owner, I can sooo relate to that one! Dick and I each say that we get to sleep with the boss:) Wouldn't have it any other way.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate to the mentally challenged guy except for the bottle of bourbon part...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most small business owners fit the description of the mentally challenged rancher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another one of those "I didn't expect that" jokes!!! I feel like I'm the challenged one myself around my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. $10 a week is probably better than a lot of farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaa, ya got me this time! I should of recognized the wages from when I was a shop owner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. from one over worked mentally challenged one to another...loa...peace, mike

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! witty man :-)

    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. :))))
    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That one gets a big BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Willy is impressed - at least he gets privileges occassionally.

    10-4 willy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice and Funny. Thanks for making everyone healthy by making them laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥