Saturday, September 24, 2011

Old Words

Here are some of the interesting new definitions for old words.

ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOR: A place where women curl up and dye.

CHICKENS: The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.

INFLATION: Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO: An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN: Grape with a sunburn.

SECRET: Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON: A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW: One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN: An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES: Something other people have, similar to my character lines.

Stolen from: Rajagopalan of Just Out
Share This

21 comments:

  1. Good ones Sandee. Great way for me to smile up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those are all so true especially the 'secret' one. But they are all really good. Have yourselves a really good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good ones! I never repeat gossip, so listen carefully...

    Have a great w/e. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very funny today! stop growing on the ends and start growing in the middle, yup!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved these -especially the adult one! But if that's true, why then does my mind still want me to do crazy things and act like a silly teenager?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandee, these are great definitions. Love them.

    But
    RAISIN: Grape with a sunburn
    should be
    RAISIN: Grape after a desert Vacation

    btw. We are pretty busy at work. And say thanks to Zane for all the Club updates. Wish we could have joined...

    xoxo
    Anna and Tor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! My favorite was the beauty parlor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with the "YAWN"..hehe! too often it's being expressed without you knowing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good steal!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! I like the skeleton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mud with the juice squeezed out....lol I like that one

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with Ann and that was even before I read her comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good ones, i thought the mud one was good too

    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure if I'll ever look at chicken (or eggs for that matter) the same again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We could use a new definition for politician. Or maybe just some new politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I'm actually still thinking about some of the definitions.

    Love this: COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some good ones there Sandee. I especially had a good laugh at the skeleton definition

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great list! Sadly I will admit, that by your definition, I am an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so good that I wish I could remember them! Hahaha!

    Have alvely weekend! Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I resemble some of these.Big Time Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There's is no doubt about it now, I am truly an adult. Tks Sandee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥