Monday, September 26, 2011

Bay Cruise

On Wednesday we leave to begin our annual bay cruise. We have lots of stops to make and there are activities that we will all enjoy. The very best part of the cruise is getting together with our friends who love to boat. What we are doing is camping out on the water, with lots of comforts of home. All our boats have staterooms, heads with a shower, and a full galley. It's in a smaller area but we have all the comforts of home. Along with those things we have heat and air conditioning. So we are pretty comfortable for the entire cruise.

On Wednesday we head to the boat and unload everything that we didn't bring last weekend. All non essential things have been removed from the boat to afford us more room for all the clothing and other items needed during our 11 day cruise. We do this each year and just get better and better at knowing what to take and what to leave behind.

Our first stop in Pittsburg Municipal for gasoline and a pump out. We then spend the night on the municipal docks and go into town for dinner. There are lots of really great places to dine. On Friday we head to Benicia Yacht Club for our bay cruise kick off weekend and dinner. We all love Benicia as there is so much to do. Then on Sunday morning we head out for the Corinthian Yacht Club in Belvedere. We'll stay there for two nights. The next stop is South Beach @ Pier 40 in San Francisco. You can run all over the city from this wonderful harbor.

Then on Friday October 7th hubby and I leave South Beach and head back toward home while the rest of the group goes to Sausalito. I guess I didn't tell you that we joined our fourth yacht club and there's a youth day on Saturday the 8th. Hubby will be giving the kids rides on our run about and I'll be baiting hooks and other duties as assigned. We've joined the Ebony Boat Club. One of our favorite destinations. Since we hang out with these folks all the time we thought it a good idea to join. Life is good.

Don't forget to check out today's Awww...Mondays post!
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Life is certainly good for you Sandee! Have a great cruise and take loads of pictures ya! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two will be having a blast... just like me this week!

    Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Zane have planned a wonderful trip especially the last part with the youth.

    I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sure sounds like a great plan. I betcha you are going to have a good time. Little Bit, don't let them forget you. Hope it is a fun and safe cruise. Going to see Awww Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i always liked the "getting ready" part almost as much as the trip itself, so much fun, the packing and planning and then the actual trip. i wish you sunny skies and calm seas and fun fun fun honey!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time Sandee ... I know you will! This trip sounds like such an amazing time! We look forward to the pictures and hearing about it. How nice of you to give kids a ride on your boat! You'll be providing memories that they'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of fun times coming aboard! I am sailing with you in "spirit!"
    Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fantastic, I wish i was going,

    Hope you and hubby have a brilliant time :-)

    Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such an exciting and fun life! I just know you'll have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fun post to read. I felt like I was cruising along with you guys. I'm excited for you. It sounds like you live in a great community. I love San Francisco Bay, and I love October, and I love so many things...Yes, life is good.

    I'll be back for Awww Mondays~

    Hugs,

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like great fun Sandee! I've only been under the Golden Gate Bridge once and that was in 1959 when I was aboard the USS Yorktown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it is a safe and enjoyable trip for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kind of always wanted to see San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  14. u guys on a cruise again..TAKE ME WITH!...lol hugssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember how much fun y'all had last year, so I'm happy to tag along (cyberly) again. WIWT in the real!

    Big hugs to you and Zane...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your boat trip sounds like it will be a fantastic adventure. I was excited just reading about it.

    The last time I was on a boat I was sea sick, maybe I need to give it another go...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun on your bay cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you have good weather to compliment the great friends and boating!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy the cruise and have a safe strip trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy the good life. You've certainly earned it.


    Be safe, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like it's gonna be an amazing trip! Have lots of fun, you lucky folks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Comment moderation will save this until you return. We, land lubbers, have just returned from a wonderful week in Colorado and a weekend in Louisiana.
    I'll poke around and leave a current comment. I hope you are holding tight and all that sea talk stuff. Congratulations on your fourth club.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥