Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesdays Question

It's Wednesday so that means it's question time. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this question as everyone has different opinions on any given issue.

So here's this weeks question: What is the best movie, television show, or play you've ever seen?
Share This


  1. hmm.. tough one.. cos i do watch a lot of movies.. tv and not so much plays :) i love them all.. how can i chooooooooose...

  2. This a way too hard but off the top of my head I'll say:
    movie: Rudy (very inspirational)
    TV Show: Mary Tyler Moore
    Play: Sound of Music or King and I

  3. Best Movie: Lord of the Rings
    Best TV show: M*A*S*H
    Best Play: My nephew Mike's college play, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

    Happy Humpday, Sandee! Big hugs xoxo

  4. Tought to narrow it down.. and deliniate between best and favorite... because my favorites aren't always the best.

    MOVIE - Green Mile
    TV - Seinfeld
    Play - Grease


    Movie - Hope Floats
    TV - Friends
    Play - GRease

  5. Movie - UP
    TV - very hard. Dexter or Misfits of Science
    Play - Shrek

  6. Our favorite movie of all times is The Sound of Music. Law and Order used to be one of my favorite TV programs. I ususally just watch sports on TV. Great question Sandee. Have a good one.

  7. Man, I hate 'favorites'...but here are my 'bestest-likes', Right Now...

    Movie: The Godfather(s)

    TV: Burn Notice

    Play: Don E, really don't do plays, but...Glengarry Glen Ross


  8. The name of the movie is "Thillana Mohanambal" in Tamil (language spoken in part of Southern India). This deals with the pride and prejudice of two classical artists of Tamil Nadu - Mohanambal, a female Bharatha Natyam (a classical dance)exponent and Shanmugasundaram, a Nathaswaram (piped wind instrument)player. This movie is 30 years old and is ever green in my memory.

  9. It's hard to pick just one movie. The best I've ever seen are Forest Gump, The Green Mile, The Notebook and A Walk to Remember.

  10. The "best" is not always the same as "favorite" :-)

    For movies there are far too many "favorites" starting with "Moonstruck", "Yankee Doodle Dandy" "The Red Shoes" "Now Voyager" and just about anything with Katherine Hepburn. Any and all dance movies from the oldest to the newest - ballet to hip-hop.

    As for TV: "Medium" and "Saving Grace".

    Plays - "Hamlet" with Richard Burton, just because of Richard Burton; "The Iceman Cometh" with Jason Robards - both the original and the revival - it was interesting to see his interpretation as a young man and then as an old man. My ultimate fav - "'Night Mother" by Marsha Norman - saw it 3 times on Broadway with Kathy Bates and Ann Pitoniak. Recently saw a local production that was just awful!

  11. Patton was my favorite movie. Many years ago I worked with some people that served under Patton. They said George C. Scott was Patton.

    My second favorite was 2001.

    Have a great day!

  12. I really enjoyed the play The Producers.

  13. no question, hands down, "alias", the tv series that ran a few years ago for a few years. i LOVED it!

    smiles, bee

  14. I would have thrown myself overboard. No wait. Would have thrown captn overboard. Hahahahahaaaaa And YES my phone is possessed.

  15. it is a tie between M*A*S*H* and Hill Street Blues.That's my story and you bet I'm sticking to it.

  16. TV show... Big Bang Theory

  17. You had to ask a hard question. Can you narrow down the categories? Humph!

    Movie: The Others, Kick Ass, Fight Club, The King's Speech, The English Patient, Forrest Gump, The Green Mile

    TV: Mad Men, Seinfeld, The Office, Rescue Me, Dexter, All in the Family, Medium, Mary Tyler Moore, Cheers, XFiles

    Play: Phantom of the Opera

    The list goes on ...

  18. Hmm...tuff one. Either Gone with the Wind or The Sound of Music. Love both of them.

    Big hugs from hawt jawjah, honey...

  19. I've only seen one play, "Hair," way back in the 60's. Loved the music but the nudity freaked me out!
    ~~~Can't say for TV - watch too much.
    ~~~Movie would have to be "Ben Hur," followed by "To Kill a Mockingbird." I've seen more entertaining but these had such an impact on my life.
    ~~~Book - way too many to choose from!

  20. This is a difficult one

    TV: Only Fools And Horses (a classic comedy here in the UK) Law & Order UK

    Film: Sleepers, Airplane series,Top Secret and can't forget our old Carry On films.

    Play: Jersey Boys

  21. this is quite hard..I have so many fave movies but I'm gonna choose one and my pick is...I enjoyed "love comes softly" series and can I pick another one? :D

  22. TV: "Heartbeat" (a British police show) is my all time favourite show.
    Movie: Hard to say... That is I can't decide, hard to say isn't the name of a movie

  23. Hmmm.

    Movie: Titanic, Waterworld
    TV: Two Men and a half
    Play: None, can't remember..hehe

  24. I am going to go with the first thing that popped into my mind. A few years ago I saw the Royal New Zealand Ballet do Dracula. Best show I have ever seen.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥