Saturday, July 2, 2011

Little Andy

Mrs Whyte, the teacher advises the class that each school day starts with the "Pledge of Allegiance"*** and instructs them to put their right hand over their heart and repeat after her.

As Mrs Whyte starts the recitation she looks around the room, 'I pledge allegiance to the flag...', when her eyes are drawn to Andy who has his hand over the right cheek of his bottom.

'Andy, I cannot continue till you put your hand over your heart,' she demands.

Andy looks up and replies, 'It is over my heart.'

After several more attempts to get Andy to put his hand over his heart, Mrs Whyte inquires, 'Why do you think that is your heart, Andy?'

'Well Miss,' answers Andy, 'because every time my Grandma comes to visit she pats me there and says, "Bless your little heart," and my Grandma never lies.'

Graphic: Home Of Heroes

Current whereabouts: Bridgeport, California for an old fashioned Independence Day weekend.
Share This

19 comments:

  1. Sandee, that is what happens to we people with little hearts.
    I forgot what age I was when the patting started back up.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy is right on, Grandmas never lie!

    Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grampys pat on the shoulder or back. We say we don't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Kid.

    Have a Grand 4th and don't let your Sparkler to close to your package!

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandma,s pastime is to fondle the grand kid from the bottom of the heart!
    Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your little heart Sandee, this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute. What a smart little boy he is. That made our Mom smile. Hope you are having one super week end Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smiles!

    Happy boating. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  9. very good one! have fun, i'm thinking pink and purple!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Andy is smart for his age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good one kiddo! I hope that you and Zane have a great holday weekend,and Happy Birthday America!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he's confusing "bless yore little heart" with "what a cute little fart"...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I guess you can't contradict Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha love you Andy hahaha...my grandma used to pat us at the back hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww! that is so sweet LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I thought the people sleeping on top of each other post proved that grandma WAS a liar???

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha. Cute joke. Silly grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is adorable. In our case it would have to have been our cheeks, then. She was a pincher of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥