Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Commandments

Centuries ago, God came down, went to the Germans and said, "I have Commandments that will help you live better lives."

The Germans ask, "What are Commandments?"

And the Lord says, "Rules for living."

"Can you give us an example?"

God says, "Thou shalt not kill."

"Not kill? We're not interested."

So God went to the Italians and said, "I have Commandments..."

The Italians wanted an example and the Lord said, "Thou shalt not steal."

"Not steal? We're not interested."

Next the Lord went to the French saying, "I have Commandments..."

The French wanted an example and the Lord said, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife."

And the French were not interested.

God then went to the Jews and said, "I have Commandments..."

"Commandments," said the Jews, "How much are they?"

"They're free."

"We'll take 10."
Share This


  1. That was cute. I haven't heard a Jewish joke in quite a while.

  2. ROFL, I love this one.

  3. That's funny...and sad at the same time LOL! Have a wonderful, smiley, day!

  4. Yup, and if you have any extra guilt to pass out, they'll take a whole lotta some of that, too. :D

    Having grown up in a suburb of Boston, we had diverse communities of just about every religion and ethnicity you can think of... and I'm the better for it!

    big hugs honey xoxo

  5. That's about right. Good one.

    Hope you are having a lover-ly w/e. Big hugs, honey...

  6. Good one. We got a good laugh over that. Everyone is different and just think how boring life would be if we were all the same. Take care and good boating to ya.

  7. Haha! They were smarter than the others ;-)

    Have a great Sunday

  8. LOL -this one made me smile. thanks :)

  9. Tee hee! I'll take 10 as well!

  10. As a Italian and a Christian you had my attention...

    ...Love ya have a floatin good time:)

  11. I'll take 10 too but can I pick the ones I want??

  12. As a religious scholar I discovered there actually were 11 Commandments. Number 11 was "Thou shall enjoy a good joke."

    Have a great day!

  13. Nice joke on a Sunday evening!

  14. Ha ha! I like that one!

  15. Ha Ha Ha Wish I'd thought of that one it would've made a great Bible Cartoon

  16. haha!! at least they didn't ask for 50 or hundreds :)Have a terrific week Sandee!

  17. More isn't always better.

  18. That's a good one! lol

    In The Scriptures, Yahweh also called His 'Ten Commandments': " The Laws Of Liberty " - or, The Laws Of Freedom that a man might live by. The actual concept was one of 'Self-Regulation'; rather than having external laws artificially imposed by others.

    And that's precisely what our own ancestors were shooting for - when they themselves designed The United States Constitution. Like they said, "The Constitution was designed for A Godly People; for it is fit for no other."

  19. Now that made my laugh out loud...very good one...hee heee heee

  20. I've got to agree with Callie's comment - this one really made me laugh!

  21. Good One! Good thing they didn't take thirty?

  22. Brilliant and very accurate LOL

    btw. Miss you


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥