Saturday, June 25, 2011

Welfare Office

A woman walks into the downtown welfare office, trailed by 15 kids.

'WOW,' the social worker exclaims, 'are they all yours?"

' Yep, they are all mine,' the flustered momma sighs, having heard that question a thousand times before.

She says, 'Sit down Leroy.' All the children rush to find seats.

Well,' says the social worker, 'then you must be here to sign up. I'll need all your childrens names.'

''Well, to keep it simple, the boys are all named Leroy and the girls are all named Leighroy."

In disbelief, the case worker says, 'Are you serious? They're ALL named Leroy?'

Their momma replied, 'Well, yes-it makes it easier. When it's time to get them out of bed and ready for school, I yell, 'Leroy!' An' when it's time for dinner, I just yell 'Leroy!' An they all comes a running. An' if I need to stop the kid who's running into the street, I just yell Leroy' and all of them stop. It's the smartest idea I ever had, namin' them all Leroy.'

The social worker thinks this over for a bit, then wrinkles her forehead and says tentatively, 'But what if you just want ONE kid to come, and not the whole bunch?'

'Then I call them by their last names.'

Hat tip: ♥♥Hubby♥♥
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Of course. Duh.

    You know, I know a fella who is Daddy to 18 children! I forget how many mothers, but he was actively involved in all of their upbringing and he paid for their support! And on Father's Day, 8 of them called from Iraq or Afghanistan and all point beyond as they are career military, and the other 10 called, too. 18 calls on Father's Day. Can you imagine? I'd be exhausted.

    Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hubby got a good chuckle outta that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one sounds like a couple people I know. Only difference is they don't have quite so many kids and they did at least give them different first names :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh GOOD one!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that great laugh. Too funny. Hope you have a fantastic week end. Hugs to Little Bit

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just cracked me up. As a man I would be in trouble. They would all have the same last name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAOFF didn't see that one coming...

    ...Busy Girl....

    Aloha From It Rained a lil-bit' Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sigh*

    My inner liberal democrat is kind of offended, but then I think back to all the WIC checks I check at work and I can just nod at the plausibility of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is of course the exception that proves the rule--it is kinda funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I wonder how she keeps them all straight in her head!

    Hope you and Zane are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's still funny no many how many times you hear it or read it.Big Time Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hardly remember my the names of the 6 kids I'm an uncle to...if only they all had the same name, life would be so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It generally takes me to the last line before I can ever remember the punch line!
    Good one Sandee!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. SNAP?? Is that the new politically correct term for food stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha! That sounds about right :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Someone's been awfully busy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! Very funny loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the laff. I needed that.

    Big hugs honey...and thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the laugh. I didn't see it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read this to my mother over the phone. She laughed hard at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to send this to my Mom. My stepdad's name is Leroy! I know she'd share with him and they'd both laugh.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha..I have a friend whose kids have the same first name but different on 2nd name...one time the big brother went to the school of his little brother, the classmate of the little brother called the little brother by his 1st name, the big brother answered, and then later he remembered that they have the same 1st name..haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tears running down my cheeks laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥