Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Father O'Malley

Father O'Malley has been preaching at his church in Ireland for so long that he decides to take a vacation. He is curious as to what an American endures in everyday life, so he decides to go to the States before it is too late. He hops on the plane bound for Nevada. He arrives in the Airport in Las Vegas.

As he is exiting the plane, someone in the airport runs up to him and exclaims, "Elvis! Oh my God! It's Elvis! I knew you weren't dead Elvis! How have you been?"

Father looks at her and says, "Get outta me face. Can't you see I'm not Elvis? I don't look a thing like Elvis." The father moves on to his cab waiting outside. He hops in his cab and he's a little upset so he tells the cabby, "Take me to my hotel and step on it."

The cabby turns and says, "Sure thing sir - Oh my God! It's Elvis! I knew you weren't dead! I'm your number one fan! It's so great to see you!"

"Shut up, you imbecile. I'm not Elvis! Now turn around and drive!" So the cabby speeds up to the hotel. Father O'Malley gets his things and walks up to the hotel check-in counter.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! It's you!" screams the hotel clerk. "You're back Elvis! I knew this day would happen. We saved everything just the way you like it! Free cheeseburgers, peanut butter and fried banana sandwiches, masseurs, complementary hookers and a full liquor bar! I'm so glad you're back!"

Father O'Malley looks at the hotel clerk and says, "Thank you.. Thank you very much!"

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Image: Wikipedia

26 comments:

  1. Free changes everything! hahahaha!

    Have a lovely day, Sandee. We're melting here! 103 yesterday. ugh.

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed my way through this one, and I am still laughing. I hereby dub thee “Overlord” – a blogger changing the world one post at a time. Please come by and pick up your award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Sandee.
    I am on my way to Vegas. Maybe They will think I am Elvis.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one sandee! hope your day is tits!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! From the getgo, Father O had a bit of an attitude! Elvis would have been more gracious...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elvis has just entered the building!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Sandee. Just the post to make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real good joke of Father Elvis.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice, good job. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I should have seen that one coming, but it was still so funny. Trying to picture an Irish red headed elvis! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elvis may never LEAVE the building! Good one.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a problem and thanks for adding me, I just wasn't sure if somehow I clicked on something. lol I love learning the new things with blogging, but sometimes I get confused. You've cleared my confusion...at least on this one topic. lol, there will be others to replace it no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bring on the PB sammies... Elvis is in the Room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Elvis is back. Too funny. He must like peanut butter. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROTFLOL!!! you got me good on this one... it was NOT the punch line I was expecting! ~Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey why argue with people. Just go with the flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now hear this, Elvis HAS left the building...and the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha so saw that one coming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *Giggle* I can just picture the good Father giving a little hip wiggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for Father O'Malley. He turned down the groupie, paid for his own taxi ride, but then succombed to the free food.
    That's a real man to last that long!
    ..
    Congrats on the Overload Award. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOL'd and Gail LHAO'd! Very funny!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha! and what a greedy man lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. That pretty much sums how a real Irish Priest operates! Funny but oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Father O'Malley did it his way, with a hunka-hunka burning love!

    Aloha FSSF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥