Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carpool

For the second time in a row, I was forced to impose on the woman with whom I carpooled to our children's soccer practices. I phoned and explained that my husband had the car again, so I wouldn't be able to take my turn.

A few minutes before she was due to pick up my son, my husband showed up. Since it was too late for me to call and say I could drive after all, I asked my husband to hide the car in the garage and to stay inside.

I also explained to my son that he shouldn't mention anything about his father's whereabouts. Unfortunately, my husband forgot and was in front of our house chatting with a friend when my carpool partner arrived.

When my son returned from practice, I asked him if she had noticed.

"Yes," he replied, "she asked me which of the two men in front of the house was my father. But don't worry. I told her I didn't know."

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

23 comments:

  1. I must've taken some extra Dumb Dumb Double Dumb pills because I had to read that twice. Duhr.

    Sending you and Z big hugs from sultry south Jawjah honey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL, now there's a kid who knows how to help a mom out

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that would be me...never pays to try to pull something off like that. I'd get caught for sure!
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then the gossip starts LOL

    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was only trying to help you mom. Sheesh.

    Big hugs honey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... I had to read it twice as well.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well at least she didn't see the car! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was great. If you want to know the truth just ask a child. One that has not been briefed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Over smart kid for a smart mom!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't see that one coming either! Darn those kids say the darnedest things.

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well, the kid was just trying. But that is really funny. Hope you have a super Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do most of us REALLY know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. kids! have a super Sunday my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reminds me of a TV show that used to be on called "Kids say the darndest things"

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - Kids. Another winner. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He was thinking of you though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that worked out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every great once in awhile our kids actually listen to us but usually when we don't want them to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When reading this the first time, I was confused.... but then I realised it was about Football (not yours where you mostly use hands) .... and then I understood that the milkman must have gone lost!

    Greetings from a Norwegian Football Dad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great one! :) Soccor Moms get a bad rap. No wonder!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just say, "No". Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yup, never tell your kids to lie...it will most likely not end well. LOL This is proof!

    ReplyDelete
  23. He saved his mom, but not the gossip hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥