Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Teenager Is...

A person who can't remember to walk the dog but never forgets a phone number.

A weight watcher who goes on a diet by giving up candy bars before breakfast.

A youngster who receives her allowance on Monday, spends it on Tuesday, and borrows it from her best friend on Wednesday.

Someone who can hear his favorite singer 3 blocks away but not his mother calling from the next room.

A whiz who can operate the latest computer without a lesson but can't make a bed.

A student who spends 12 minutes studying history and 12 hours studying for her driver's license.

A connoisseur of 2 kinds of fine music-loud and very loud.

An enthusiast who has the energy to bike for miles but is usually too tired to dry the dishes.

A young woman who loves the cat and tolerates the brother.

A romantic who never falls in love more than once a week.

A budding beauty who never smiles until her braces come off.

A boy who can sleep till noon on any Saturday he suspects the lawn needs mowing.

An original thinker who is positive that her mother was never a teenager.
Share This


  1. Haha! all spot on you gotta laugh

    Have a brilliant day :-)

  2. All of those are really true. I can especially relate to the boy who sleeps until noon. They all made me smile :-)

  3. You betcha! You nailed that one! :-D)

  4. Brilliant! I had a few of those living with me at one time or other:) We are now grateful we resisted the urge to kill them a time or three.

    Big hugs from chilly jawjah, honey...

  5. "A young woman who loves the cat and tolerates the brother."

    I have one of those. She just escaped teenage, but none the less...


  6. Those are such good facts a about the wonderous teen ager. They have their own little world, that is for sure. Hope all of you have a fabulous day.

  7. i cannot tell you how glad i am not to have any teenagers living with me anymore! as adults they are welcome back but as teens they were all terrible!

    smiles, bee

  8. You forgot loses their s**t every time they get a zit. Have a brilliant day. I finally saved up enough EC to advertise on you so I'm expecting BIG things!

  9. Gotta love teenagers! Were we all really that young once?

  10. Yup! The teenaged years make the terrible twos look terrific!

    Have a lovely day! big hugs :]

  11. Yes, that pretty much sums up a teenager, and that is the way I'm sure most of us oldies were when we were teens ourselfs.

  12. You missed the one about a teenager knowing more than all the adults in the world.

  13. I can relate to each and every one of those.

  14. Hahaha! I was once a teenager! LOL

    Hi Sandee! :)
    Zach (Fledgling Blogger) here. I just want to tell you that I am using the account of my new blog. Can I ask a favor from you of following it with Google Friend Connect? It's my first time to use it. LOL
    I already did follow yours. Hope you could also do the same with my first blog, the Fledgling Blogger. My apologies for taking much of your time. Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day! :)

  15. Opppz! I mean I followed you before through my Fledgling Blogger account. Right now I could not find the widget of your Google Friend Connect. Anyways, that is fine because I know you always come and visit my blogs! Thanks a bunch! ;)

    Zach (Fledgling Blogger)

  16. And someone who knows everything because they've been around so long.

  17. You got every one of these correct. :)

  18. One of my favorite sayings: "Teenagers are why some animals eat their young!" Between us, we had six teenagers, and actually took all of them on vacations! How did we do it???

  19. How many (sorry I forgot) have you lived with, Sandee? These are great! They really make you appreciate them before and after their teen years.

  20. Nations may be different but the attitude of teens remains the same! Nice observations!

  21. I'm pretty sure that I can't argue with any of these as they're all quite true! Though in my house the girls tolerate the cat better than they do each other it seems. Sigh.

  22. I agree ... heheheehe..
    LOL... great joke

  23. Are you talking to my son Sandee?? hahahaha

    I gave him money on Monday (for the whole week allowance, supposed to be), maybe spent on Tuesday, borrow to his friend on Wednesday, and I will pay on Thusday, and he will pay his friend on Friday. grrrrrrrr.


  24. Now that my step-daughter is 20 and no longer a teenager, none of this stuff applies anymore. Right.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥