Friday, May 13, 2011

The Flower Show

Just in case you need a laugh today. Age does have some advantages not available to youth.

Two little old ladies were sitting on a park bench outside the local town hall where a flower show was in progress.

The older one leaned over and said, "Life is so boring. We never have any fun anymore. For $10.00 I'd take my clothes off and streak through that stupid, boring flower show!"

"You're on!" said the other old lady, holding up a $10.00 bill.

The first little old lady slowly fumbled her way out of her clothes and completely naked, streaked (as fast as an old lady can) through the front door of the flower show.

Waiting outside, her friend soon heard a huge commotion inside the hall, followed by loud applause and shrill whistling.

Finally, the smiling and naked old lady came through the exit door surrounded by a cheering, clapping crowd.

"What happened?" asked her waiting friend.

"I won $1000 as 1st prize for Best Dried Arrangement."

Hat tip: Georgia L.
Photograph: Wikipedia - Haeckel Orchidae

22 comments:

  1. I always need a laugh and that was Brilliant!

    Og course, I shudder to think what prize I'd take home! HA!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they have this contest in the future, like 20 years, I wouldn't mind to win $1000. Good one, thanksf or sharing, you are the best. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear I did indeed LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahaha! You got me with one I hadn't heard before. Sweeeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute one, Sandee.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a good one. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need a laugh. thanks for sharing.

    Marly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha! That tickled me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one got a spit take from me! Very funny indeed. I should know better than drink as I read your blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was certainly a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, that was cute. I could so totally see my mommom doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so getting swiped!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! what a game old bird, i must tweet that..get it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The VERY BEST!!! :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. TWF,LOL!

    'best dried arrangement' I wonder if it was roses straight up, or droopin' tulips?

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandee! I love this one, had it posted in one of my blogs. Back in US, still has jet lag! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well at least it wasn't "Best Died" arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That certainly made me laugh, but I don't want to think about it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a good one! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooo funny, and toooo true!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny, I missed her at the Philadelphia Flower Show in March...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously, this one made me bust out laughing. Starting to ring true for me, these days. Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥