Saturday, April 23, 2011



1. You've had to switch from AC to heat, in the same day.

2. You end your sentences with unnecessary prepositions, such as: "Where's my coat at?"

3. You install security lights on you home and garage, but leave them unlocked.

4. You think the 4 food groups are, beef, pork, beer and Jell-O salad.

5. You know what "pop" is.

6. You have designed your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

7. Your idea of sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightgown.

8. The local newspaper covers headline news in two pages, but uses 6 pages for sports.

9. You think all pro football teams are supposed to wear orange.

10. You know Ohio's 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter & Construction.

11. You know what a Buckeye is, and have a recipe for candy ones too.

12. Your sense of direction, "toward the Lake" is the same as North, and "toward the river" is South.

13. You can tell if someone is from northern or southern Ohio as soon as they open their mouth.

14. You can spell words like: olentangy, cuyahoga, tuscarawas and wapakoneta.

15. "Vacation" to you means Cedar Point if it's summer, and deer hunting in the fall.

You measure distance in minutes.

16. Your school was closed due to cold. Your school was closed due to heat.

17. And finally, you might be from ohio if: you pronounce it "oh-hi-ya" and not "oh-hi-o"
Share This


  1. Gee. We sometimes measure distance in minutes too. Are we part "oh-hi-ya" then? LOL!

  2. Shoot... we switch from heat to air quite often here in the sub-tropics... we must be a suburb of O Hi O.

    I love the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter & Construction... Sounds like Boston!

    Big hugs xo

  3. We were stationed in Dayton, Ohio at Wright Pattetrson. I loved Ohio...well except for the snow.

    Happy Easter.

  4. We frequently go from heat to a/c here in nawth jawjah. And #7 works for us quite well:)

    Big hugs, honey...

  5. gosh i do some of those too! well not the preposition one. y'all. anyhow i've heard people say mi-am-ah instead of mi-am-ee too.

    smiles, bee

  6. God Bless Ohio! Reminds me of that Pretenders song 'My city is gone'(?)

    Don't forget Drew Cary and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Like your new skin, the look is great.

    Have a Fun Easter.

  7. The newspapers in Arkansas and Oklahoma have a very similar content distribution.

  8. #2 makes me crazy, but that poor English isn't limited to us Ohioans. My Dear Mother always to say, before the at when someone would ask such a stupid question. I still say that. Apparently those that look at me with no understanding of what I'm referring to, didn't have good English Teachers in school. You don't end the sentence with a prepositional phrase. My Shorthand Teacher went berserk also when did that.

    Enjoyed some of your list.

  9. Well I am originally from Ohio and all those items are very true. I can remember having a fire in August when I was a child. Good one. Have a great week end.

  10. I know what a buckeye is but I never heard of a candy one. The real ones are poisonous unless you know what you're doing, aren't they? And just for the record, OSU stands for Oregon State University! But orange is good.

  11. Number 10 sounds about right.

  12. My sweet SIL was from Ohio. I never realized that they had an accent until I listened to him! Every now and then I'll catch someone from Ohio speaking and I'll get a lump in my throat...

  13. Since I live about 20 minutes away from the Ohio border those all pretty much apply to

  14. I lived in Ohiya most of my life. I chuckled at the "Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter & Construction!" Ha! That was so true!
    Hey, and don't knock Cedar Point until you try it! It was 45 minutes from our house, up towards where the lake is at.

  15. #7 really works for romance here in Tasmania too... But we Tasmanian's have no idea what a buckeye is.

  16. Hilarious and mostly true!

  17. Sounds like my sexy lingerie except mine includes sneakers. Here in CT, everyone has a tough time spelling the name of the state and defining who we are: Connecticuters, Connecticutans? I just say that I live 20 mins from NY.

  18. I'm from north of Ohio, but a lot of those are true here, too.

  19. LOL @ Ferd... He nailed it.

  20. Oh-hi-lol :D really funny post.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥