Friday, April 22, 2011

New England

New England Temperature Conversion Chart

60° F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. New Englanders sunbathe.

50° F: New Yorkers turn on the heat. People in New England plant gardens.

40° F: Italian & English cars won't start. New Englanders drive with the windows down.

32° F: Distilled water freezes. Maine's Moosehead Lake's water gets thicker.

20° F: Floridians put on coats coats, gloves, wool hats and thermal underwear. People in New England throw on a flannel shirt.

15° F: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in New England have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0° F: All the people in Miami die. New Englanders close the windows.

10° below zero: Californians fly to Mexico. The Girl Scouts in New England are selling cookies door to door.

25° below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. New Englanders get out their winter coats.

40° below zero: Washington, D.C. runs out of hot air. People in New England let the dogs sleep inside.

100° below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. People in New England get frustrated because they can't start their "kahs."

460° below zero: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale). New Englanders start saying, "cold 'nuff for ya?"

500° below zero: Hell freezes over. The Red Sox win the World Series.
Share This


  1. Ohhhhh that last one is a zinger. Don't worry, the Sox will rebound this year.

  2. Those were great Sandee.I hope it thaws enough for Santa to go home. Or maybe he should come over here to New England.

    You got that right!
    (sorry Barb!)

  4. That last one... Shouldn't that be the Chicago Cubs instead of the Red Sox?

  5. and THAT is why i am not there!!!

    smiles, bee

  6. Well, guess what? Hell DID freeze over and the Red Sox DID WIN the World Series... several times! And my Dad has the hats to prove it!

    Now I want some Girl Scout Cookies.

    Big hugs xo

  7. Those are really good statements. 0 degrees, all people in Miami die. Too funny. They are all good. Have a great week end Sandee.

  8. Ayut, that sounds about right to me though I'm more than ready for it to warm up to a tad warmer than 50 at this point!

    Have a lovely Easter weekend!

  9. I thought, poor Barb, too! She's the only Red Sox fan I know. We are home to the AA Yankees, so we bleed blue and white round here. Not that I am a baseball fan.

    I'd say somewhere around 30 is when I start to where a coat. And never after April 1st. I am sorry for taht today, its cold and snowing slightly. And I have a tshirt on.

  10. The Baseball zinger was a good one!

    Those who have lived in Florida for some time take the 20deg and move it to the 50's.

    Yes, we are a bunch of woosies. Warm woosies, but woosies nonetheless.

    Until you want to talk heat:-)

  11. the last one should read CLEVELAND INDIANS WIN!!!!!!!!!!That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  12. And those are the main reason I don't live up nawth!

    Big hugs, honey...

  13. I am far to close to the New England states :)

  14. That sounds about right for Canadians, too.

  15. LOL! It gets so hilarious after 0deg.

    I wonder what those New Englanders have for pets. Polar bear?

  16. Only one correction to this list, Washington NEVER runs out of hot air.

  17. New England sounds like it has a lot in common with Scotland.

    60° F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. New Englanders sunbathe, that sounds like me...60° F is nice and warm.

  18. I'm not quite there (ha, ha!) but I handle the cold better than the heat! You can only get so naked, you know?
    I'm a snuggler...

  19. I have lived on the "West Coast" for many years but am originally from New Hampshire, (NHampsha). Those are all good! People used to say the last one all the time when I was growing up. Weird thing is that after 2004, they seem to miss being able to say it!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥