Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm a Dog Lover

There are dog lovers. And then, there are dog lovers! Author of "Top Ten Signs You're A Dog Lover" is Sniff Seattle Dog Walkers

10 – Most days you have a “glistening” on your face from dried doggy kisses.

9 – You haven’t seen your own doctor in years. But the vet? Last week!

8 – You make a point to sit scrunched in the corner of the couch so your dog can be comfortable.

7 – You reach into your pocket hoping to find a breath mint. But, no. It’s a doggy treat.

6 – No matter how hot or extremely cold it is, you roll down the car window so your furry friend can hang his head out.

5 – Your best conversations are with your dog.

4 – There are about 32 squeaky toys laying around your house. (Vawooo! Oops, just stepped on one!)

3 – You sleep crowded on the corner of the bed, and would probably go to the floor if you had to so your dog could get a good night’s sleep.

2 – You’re covered with almost as much dog hair as your dog! And you don’t think twice about it.

1 – You’re still wearing sweatpants from your college days. Your dog? Cute new sweater!

Bonus - You find dog hair in your food, but it's okay since you consider dog hair a condiment.

Hat tip: Sisko of Together With Dogs
Share This


  1. Thank goodness our two don't shed! I made a commitment to myself: My dogs will never wear clothes nicer than mine. Ha! My dogs aren't wearing anything that they weren't born with.
    I like my dogs better than I do the majority of people I run into - except on the blogs, of course.

  2. somehow i don't think dog hair is a condiment! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  3. Those are all so true for dogs and for cats too. Doggies are the very best. They are so forgiving and loving. Great post. Thanks

  4. Yup. That sounds about right - the same list applies to cats, too.

    I have to agree with Miss Bee though... cat hair in my food? No, thank you!

    Grayson is feeling better, so I am feeling better.

    Big hugs xo

  5. What Barb said.

    Missy is one lucky kitty.

    Have a super day. Big hugs times two, honey...

  6. I know folks like that - Sweeties all!

  7. Yikes! I like this one, Sandee.
    Guess that makes me a dog lover.
    BUT, my two dogs behave and we have dog rules in our house.
    #1 is to stay off the furniture
    #2 is to let us, Mrs. Jim and me, to have the count of five for preference on food dropped on the floor.
    #3 is to wake me up before 8:00 AM only for 'going outside.' None of this 'I'm hungry stuff at six.'
    #4 is to pick up their toys at bedtime.
    You get the drift, there are others but my dogs ARE GOOD and well behaved.

  8. Two dogs sleep on my side of the bed. My husband's side is like a three-bedroom apartment, my side is a studio.

    I think stepping on half-eaten dog bones in the middle of the night hurts more than sleeping scrunched up in a ball, so does getting elbowed in the gut by a dog.

  9. I to am a dog lover and my dog is my best friend, who sleeps under the sheets every night in bed, talk about spoiled.

  10. yes, several of those apply around here. Duke sees to it

  11. It's a long, long time since I had a dog, but she never slept in my bed, or on the furniture. She would come up for a cuddle, and then get back down again :)

  12. no dogs here, but I totally understand it all with my grand-dogs...

  13. Most dog lovers would probably do more for their dog than their spouse!

  14. You took all that hair that your dog shed and made a hair piece out of it.
    Lookin' good!

  15. Very cute! I love animals, but I think I have to draw the line at hair in my food - yuck!

    Have a great Friday.

  16. Hi! Thanks for re-posting our blog. It’s fun reading the comments. We’re happy it rings true for so many people (even if your personal score isn’t a 10 out of 10). Many doggy kisses to ya!

  17. I guess I aint a dog lover. I draw the line at kisses from my dog...yuck! However when I had a car I always use to leave the window open for her or she would cry like a big baby.

    I can totally understand why dogs can be such a big part of people's lifes, they are almost human.

  18. I can relate to dog toys all over the house. Dixie never packs up when she's finished playing


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥